Chap. 20 - Spiraling

WARNING: the smut scene in this chapter is pretty dark (self-destructive behavior; unhealthy dom/sub dynamics + size kink, dacryphilia, rough face-fucking)

- - -

Things weren't okay ever since that day.

Mingi had gone into a dormant state and hadn't woken up for the three days that followed. There was too much damage to be fixed and too little blood in his system.

Hongjoong would avoid conversation or any sort of interaction. Some rational part of his brain knew that San, Wooyoung and Yeosang certainly bore no ill intention in what they did, they didn't know about Mingi's history with Hongjoong. Still, it hurt. Everything was twisting and turning inside him. A bunch of voices taunting him with different questions regarding the situation.

Did they care about Mingi more than about him? Was everything up to that point a lie? Was this where it would all end for him? Would he be thrown away now?

After mangling Mingi, Hongjoong fell silent and made his way back into the house, ignoring Yunho's obnoxious slow claps and refusing to be touched and unresponsive to any sort of question or plead.

Wooyoung immediately rushed outside with Yeosang and Jongho to wrap Mingi's destroyed body in what was left of the curtain on the ground to bring him inside as fast as they could. They also had to do something about the bloody snow.

The noise must had had caught the attention of some of the neighbors at the very least, so they needed to get everything looking as in order as possible.

Meanwhile, Hongjoong went to the bathhouse-like bathroom on the second floor and filled the huge tub stiffly, still feeling his hands shaking and difficulty breathing. The young vampire stared at the water rising like some sort of reminder that he was still there somehow, even if he desperately wanted a way out. When the water was high enough, he was able to see his face. His expression was dead and cold, eyes had turned back to their usual dark-brown and he was soaked in blood. He locked his jaw to restrain himself from putting his tongue out and licking the red liquid from around his mouth; he didn't want to consume anything that came from that disgusting traitor.

He undressed himself and stepped into the tub, watching as the dark red slowly tainted the clear water all around him, and sat down. Not even a minute had passed when two knocks were heard at the door. Hongjoong didn't make a sound, but the person on the other side didn't say anything either, they just simply made their way inside. The young vampire didn't bother looking, but he recognized the smell.

"Hongjoong" Yeosang cautiously sat down on a stool beside the tub.

"You don't have to worry. I'm leaving."

The older was stressed and still in shock from what had just happened downstairs, but a look of surprise and hurt suddenly overcame his features.

"Hongjoong, we don't want you to leave..."

"I'm not staying under the same roof as that bastard."

Yeosang lowered his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Where would you even go?" He inquired with a tired sigh.

"I don't know. Back to Seonghwa's, maybe."

"You know I can't let you do that, right?" His voice was calm and patient. "You're in an unstable and potentially aggressive state. Going back there won't do you any good, and it's also not safe for Seonghwa."

Hongjoong stared at the reddened water.

"Do you want to put him in danger, Hongjoong?"

Although still silent, that seemed to get some of his attention.