Chap. 23 - Unveiling

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" Wooyoung asked in a sweet and gentle tone, laying sideways comfortably on the soft mattress with his head on the younger's chest and an arm thrown over his stomach.

Hongjoong smiled.

"A little" he replied as he stared at the ceiling. "But I think I've been running from this for long enough."

"I agree" San noted from his other side while combing the shorter's dark locks with his fingers.

"I'm just scared of... the moment where I'll have to tell him."

"Hongjoong, I talked to him yesterday" San sighed. "You have no idea of the extent of his feelings for you. I don't think he'd ever let you go even after you tell him the truth about what you are now."

Hongjoong wanted to believe that. In truth, he just had to. It was either that or erasing himself from Seonghwa's life for good, and after his time in Yeosang's house, he realized he simply wouldn't be able to bear such reality. He needed Seonghwa. He... loved him.

"I still don't wanna be another problem in his life and make everything harder. He doesn't deserve that."

"Oh, he talked about that too" San's tone became amusingly wary. "He's actually very pissed that you see things that way..."

"How can I not, though?"

"Joong, maybe you should just make peace with the fact that you need special attention and that Seonghwa is fully willing to give it to you" Wooyoung looked up at him.

"He wants to take care of you, just like we do" San poked the young vampire's cheek playfully.

A shy smile curved Hongjoong's lips up as he kind of just accepted those words quietly, snuggling into both of their embraces.

"I'll... miss you, though" he heard Wooyoung practically mumble.

"What are you talking about?" Hongjoong chuckled before setting his eyes on the one laying his head on his chest. "I'll still come by for my weekly bag, won't I?"

"That's not what I meant," Wooyoung frowned and pouted. "After you figure things out with Hwa we might not be able to... be together anymore."

"I... still want things to stay like this, to be honest."

"Okay, but Hwa might not."

Hongjoong froze and his eyes slightly widened in realization.

That's right. He'd forgotten to consider that maybe Seonghwa would only agree to a relationship with Hongjoong and no one else. Hongjoong actually kind of had to expect that, didn't he? That was the way that most people tended to prefer. Even if that might not actually be what he himself fully desired...

"Actually," San spoke up. "I kinda talked to him about that."

The other two snapped their heads at him, and San let out a brief laugh.

"Well, long story short I... told him about our feelings for you. Me and Woo's."

"You what?!" Wooyoung almost sat up on the bed. "Sannie, we should've planned this better!"

"I'm sorry! It just seemed like the right time then. And hey, it wasn't that bad, okay? Yeah, he was a little surprised, but that's it. I also told him we're interested in him too. And... I made him an offer."

Hongjoong was pinching the bridge of his nose annoyedly whilst Wooyoung rolled onto his back and groaned. The younger's mind was already going wild with thoughts of his childhood friend seeing him in a whole different light for some reason. San had been too impulsive, there was no way to tell if Seonghwa would ever consider a proposal like that.