Chap. 32 - Back Then pt.1

tw: implied physical torture, psychological torture, threats of sexual assualt, implied sexual trauma (side character)

+ smut scene after the last time skip

- - -

Day 1912

Pretty.

Mingi thought it right away.

Yes, the poor young man looked exhausted in every damn sense of the word, was covered in dry blood and completely wrapped in a strong stench of his own bodily fluids, but still, so... pretty. Such flawlessly straight nose, adorably shaped, almost pouty-looking lips with upturned corners, beautiful skin. His big eyes were also quite lovely, even if there was understandably no light left in their dark brown. Cute... He also looked cute. And with a puckish charm. Almost like a wicked little type of fairy. Mingi was fascinated. He had never expected to meet someone that looked like that.

All activity in the coven house had come to a halt for that moment. Yonghwan had brought a new one in.

"This is Hongjoong" he presented, adjusting a backpack on his shoulder and tapping on his newest fledgling's back not so gently.

'Hongjoong' didn't react, he was completely apathetic and kept his eyes low.

The air was shifting oddly, and Mingi shivered in dread. He knew what that feeling meant.

"Animals" Yonghwan scoffed when he noticed the threatening eyes tearing apart the young thing he had just brought into the house just through mere thought. "I know what all you uncivilized pigs must be thinking right now, but leave him alone for today. Let him settle before you pounce, at least."

Ominous, amused snickers and cackles resonated in the room. Mingi kept quiet. He was painfully aware of what kind of treatment awaited the poor boy the following day. His coven mates wasted no time when it came to taking their anger and boredom out on the newest member. Indeed, most of the coven consisted of uncivilized pigs.

"Siyeon" his sire called out to the woman that stood silently behind the large, run down couch. "Since you seem to like taking mutts under your wing so much, be a doll and get him cleaned for me, hm?" He grabbed both of Hongjoong's shoulders and shook him playfully, much to his discomfort. "This one pissed and puked a lot after I changed him."

She nodded once, not showing any emotional reaction to the coven leader's clear provocation. Beside her, a slightly shorter woman with long dark brown hair shakily held her hand. Siyeon walked over, not letting go of her.

Yonghwan rolled his eyes. "I don't remember mentioning Bora."

"She's coming with me" she replied, matter-of-factly and looking Yonghwan dead in the eyes.

"You okay with your girlfriend seeing his limp weeny?"

Siyeon didn't falter.

He sighed, impatiently running his hand through Hongjoong's messy hair.

"Mingi" Yonghwan looked at the tall, trembling figure in the corner of the living room.

Mingi jolted in place at being called, promptly lowering his head.

"Get over here" Yonghwan sang nonchalantly like they were the bestest of friends.

Mingi reluctantly approached under the condescending gazes of the rest of the coven. He kept his eyes low, terrified to meet his sire's.

"You were in his place before" Yonghwan smirked cruelly as he fisted Hongjoong's inky locks and grabbed him by his jaw, squishing his bloodied cheeks. "Now you get to take care of your successor, isn't that nice?"