Murder She Wrote

"You know we have to go into today right love."

I turned my head over towards Owen pouting.

"I don't want to." I said as Owen chuckled.

"I don't either." Owen mumbled.

"Should we call in?" Owen said.

"We could, but sneaking around the hub just seems so much more fun." I grinned as Owen smirked at me.

"Aye Aye Boss lady." Owen said as he leaned forward kissing me.

—-

"Nothing really going on today looks like." Toshiko said reading scans on her computer.

"Doesn't ever stay that way for long." Jack chuckled. "If it was we probably be out of a job."

"Well you're not wrong about that." Owen said walking past him.

"Something will catch. I'm itching for a good chase." I chuckled leaning back in my chair. "Who knew how exhilarating it would be to run in heels." I said wiggling my feet.

"No you're just insane." Gwen said smirking. "Those bloody things kill my feet."

"Sounds like a skill issue love." I joked. Gwen fake gasped through a ball at me. "I'm kidding...kinda." I said standing up as someone's phone rang.

"Well would you look at that." Jack said picking up his phone.

************************************************

"Alright. This is not the kinda chase I was looking for." I quickly turned away from the dead man's corpse.

"The husband got knocked out and the wife says she doesn't remember. We've got another burglar headed to the hospital with the husband but he's pretty bad." I listened as one of the officers briefed Jack behind me.

"It was definitely the wife." Owen said behind me, I turned around just as Gwen hit him.

"Will you be quiet."

"Jack. Want us to head to the hospital?" I asked putting my hands on my hips. "I'd prefer it." I said making a face at the man on the ground. "Yeah I'd definitely prefer it.

—-
" So you can't remember anything? Other than you being in the corner and hearing a loud ringing, and hearing the man's screams?" I asked looking at the wife. She really did look petrified. "What's your name again sweetheart?" I asked.

"It's B-Beth." She said looking down. "I swear I'm telling the truth. I didn't kill those men."

"Well it's really just one." Owen said. Gwen and I both smacking his arm.

"Would you shut up!" I said looking at him.

"Alright. Well if we have anymore questions. We'll contact you." Gwen said as we walked out.

"Oh she definitely did it." Owen said looking at the both of us.

"I don't think either of them did." I said raising my eyebrow.

"Oh come on Yazmin, he definitely did it." Gwen said as Owen answered his phone.

"Alright. I'll tell them." Owen said hanging up his phone.

"Jack wants the two of you to stay with the other burglar til he wakes up." Owen said smirking before leaving.

"I bet he told Owen to do it." I said smirking at Gwen.

"Oh without a doubt." She said as we both laughed walking to the room.

"It's been hours. How long does he want us to stay?" Gwen asked looking at me.