eight'

lacy
you got the one thing that I want

elena shot a three and made it. rwe and the twins were once again at the ote arena. this time, devin joined them.
the boy had flown in to atlanta after the couple made up from their fight. you would think she ended it that night, but nope.

every member of amp is in attendance, including ray. they are filming a bracket 1v1 tournament. cam, lavar, nelson, quan, romelo, and ray the cameraman all have their own video planned but elena had no idea what it was.

"good job baby" devin congratulated her on her shot. she smiles at him, feeling happy he was actually by her side. the couple hardly ever argued in person, it was only when they were distanced that problems occurred.

no one minded that devin was there, no one except nelson. him and elena haven't talked since that night, it seems like their only effective conversations happen outside at nighttime anyways.

he knew he couldn't have anything personal against devin, but not liking him for the way he treats elena is valid enough in his mind.

devin and nelson glared at eachother the whole time, which elena was unaware of. she obviously could tell devin wasn't happy to see nelson, but she trusted he would act accordingly.

as for nelson, elena was still embarrassed. out of literally everyone, she opened up to nelson. the boy who apparently likes her, given what ray said.

she didn't know what to say to him anymore, so she said nothing at all. elena figured they would quickly move on from it and continue their friendship like nothing had happened.

but the moment shared between them that night, they both felt it. elena felt it, and nelson felt it. a feeling that elena had never experienced with devin before, nelson was different. it happened, there's no denying it.

devin holds elena's hand as he leads her towards the bench to sit down. "when are you going back to houston?" he asks her, still not letting go.

"the day after tomorrow, why?" devin shrugs, "just asking." he looks behind ej to see nelson staring at her, a feeling of anger starts building up inside him.

"isn't nelson from houston too?" elena rolls her eyes, "devin. don't start." devin pulls his hand away from hers and turns to look forward. "im just asking."

the girl looks back for a split second to where she knows nelson is, she had been keeping an eye on him all day. she was grateful he hadn't tried talking to her, but imagine what he was thinking.

elena turns back around to be met with an irritated expression from her boyfriend. "why are you looking at him?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I turned around for two seconds?" elena replied, it's not like she full on stared at nelson in a trance. devin is dramatic, he's a drama queen.

one time he got upset with her because she had wished an old friend happy birthday, that was the breaking point for all her loved ones. that's when they knew devin would become a problem.

"yeah to look at him, out of everyone." he tells her like it means something, which to him it does. he doesn't even know nelson and he already feels like the boy is going to end up stealing his girlfriend one day.

"okay i'm sorry." elena apologizes. devin catches nelson looking again, he pulls ej in for a kiss. "it's okay my love" a smirk forms when he sees nelson's frown.

elena pulls away, still oblivious to her boyfriend's antics. if only she knew all this affection was just to make a certain boy angry.

"elena! come 1v1 me!" romelo calls out to her, presenting  a challenge that she couldn't pass up. elena turns to devin for any sign of acceptance. he nods and pulls her in for a whisper. "you know who not to talk to."

elena fought a frown, but she agrees. she runs to where cam's crew is, putting on a smile. "let's run it" romelo provokes her, ready for their competition.

"let's go then." she replies, ready for it as well. nelson watches them in jealousy. ej could talk to melo but not him? oh okay.

in nelson's mind he didn't even do anything wrong. well, except develop major feelings for her. but devin didn't even know that so he couldn't be mad.

he's convinced devin can read his mind, that's the only possible explanation as to why he's out to get him. there melo was, guarding her, and devin doesn't say anything.

unfair.

elena packs her stuff up, saying her last goodbyes to cam and ray since it would be their last time seeing eachother before she goes back to houston.

while devin approaches nelson, catching him off guard. "yo bro, i'm devin, elena's boyfriend." nelson swears he wasn't tripping but he could've sworn the boy emphasized the word boyfriend. but if another person was there, they probably would've called him crazy.

"I know. i'm nelson." nelson daps him up. he emphasizes the words I know, on purpose. devin notices and his face turns into a glare.

"so you know she's taken, back off lil bro she doesn't want anything to do with you." devin pats his shoulder, not in a nice way. he leaves nelson there to watch him go back to a grinning elena.

the smile that nelson loved, the smile that devin got to look at instead of him. atleast nelson could see her tears and know he wasn't the one making her cry.

before meeting him, nelson genuinely thought devin was cool. brother of kiyan, of course he was born into it because of his family.

but after seeing him for who he was, nelson wished he never had to see his face again. but he did, he had to see him take advantage of the honor of being loved by elena, that's what bothered him the most.

an:
I don't like devin tbh