CH. 4 Zyra

I looked over at Rosie as she had her face in her hands. I was confused and wanted to know why.

"Yo, Zyra. You crushing hard or what!?"

"Yeah dude, I haven't felt you like someone like this in a long time."

"Will you guys shut up!" I walked away from them annoyed. 

Once I got to Rosie, I nudged her arm with my snout.

"What?" 

I nudged her arm again, wanting her to pet me.

"She wants you to pet her." Ryujin said.

I twitched my tail into a tiny tip wag, agreeing to what Ryujin said.

She fully turned to me and slowly reached her hand out. She was nervous but she didn't have to be. I put my chin in her hand, and she started scratching.

God this feels good! I wished she was my mate.

I was enjoying the scratches until her phone rang and she stopped. I made a low growl, irritated she stopped.

"Don't growl at me you big baby."

I didn't want to let her talk, so I kept nudging her with my nose. She tried to move away, giving me her backside. I made nipping sounds and barked, playfully tapped the ground with my front paws. Everyone started to laugh at my playfulness except Rosie.

"SIT." Rosie got off the phone and pointed to the ground. I blankly looked at her ceasing all actions.

"Sit." She said again, gentler and sweetly, but not backing down.

So, I sat down.

"I'm sorry but I have to go, my dad is here to pick me up."

I watched her pick up her backpack and turned to me, booped my nose then took off.

"BYE SEE YOU TOMORROW!" Once she got to the car, I shifted back.

"What just happened?" I asked softly.

Rosie's friends were too stunned to say anything, and the crazy thing was, so was I.

"You like her, don't you?" Jisoo asked me.

"No." I said, then looked out to where she disappeared from, like I was hoping to see her again. "Maybe."

"We're home!" I yelled in the house once Ryujin and I walked in.

"Zizi!" My little brother Zane came running to me from the living room. The little guy just turned ten and is my favorite little brother. My only little brother.

"Find your mate yet Z?" Zoey followed suit. Zane went to hug Ryujin and I hugged my 14-year-old sister.

"Not yet."

"Liar." She said in our hug.

"No seriously, I didn't." I let her go. "I think I like someone, but I can't do anything about it because she's not my mate."

"She's turning 17 tomorrow. You never know." Ryujin said, coming around and hugging Zoey. "But I found mine."

"Yay! Congrats!" Zoey hugged her tight. "I wanna know the whole story."

We all went to the living room to listen to Ryujin's story which she is going to tell again whenever she sees my parents but it's fine. I was distracted playing Mario Kart with Zane until dinner was ready.

After dinner, homework, and my night routine, I finally laid down with my hands behind my head as a pillow. Staring into the darkness, my mind and my wolf began to get restless. Then Roseanne's beautiful face popped in my mind.

Mate.

"Don't give me that." I sighed. "I'm just as restless as you are."

We need her.

"Yeah! I know! Wait what. You said her like you know."

HER, Zyra. We need HER.

"Her as in Rosie? Because I already wanna take her but I can't"

Can.

I parted my mouth like I couldn't breathe and sat up and threw my blankets off me. I looked at my clock and it was 11:50. I rushed to Ryujin's room. (Yes, my beta lives with me, my dad's beta lives next door.)

I knocked on her door eagerly and repeatedly until she finally opened it.

"WHAT DUDE!"

"Can you ask Jennie if I can have Rosie's number?"

"Seriously!? WHY!"

I actually didn't know why I was doing this, but I had to say something.

"I-I wanted to wish her a happy birthday."

"I'll tell Jennie to do it for you dude. You can't ask someone else for someone's number like that."

I growled a little bit because I knew Ryu was right. But I wanted to do it myself. "Can you please just ask her. If she says no, then I'll leave it alone until tomorrow."

"You can't wait, can you?"

I shook my head almost violently.

She sighed and opened her door more to let me in. I sit down in my usual spot every time I'm in here. She grabbed her phone and texted Jennie. I was shocked when I heard the ding so soon.

"We've been texting nonstop." She said without looking at me knowing I was curious. I sat quietly waiting, hoping that Jennie would give it.

"So, you gonna have Jennie come here a lot?" I looked at her smirking in the light of the tv.

"Well, I don't think her parents would appreciate her banging her new mate under their roof." She said and we both laughed.

"And what makes you think mine will?" I said jokingly.

"Hey, I can always go back to my own house. I mean I do technically live next door."

"Yeah right, you know damn well we have more fun being here. And besides, you don't get along with your siblings like I do."

Her phone dinged and I sat up praying for my life. Ryujin fiddled with her phone more, knowing I'm impatient but she still took her sweet ass time.

"I sent her number to your phone."

"YES, THANK YOU!" I jumped up and tackled her in a hug, then ran to my room. I grabbed my phone off the charger and jumped on my bed. After getting comfy I worked on making a text. I was going to send it right away, but it was only 11:58pm. So, I waited for midnight, which was the longest two minutes of my life.

12:00 am.

{ME:} Happy Birthday Rosie

{ROSIE:} Who is this?

I facepalmed myself, forgot to add my name. Stupid!

{ME:} I'm Sorry it's Zyra. I hope you don't mind. I asked Jennie for your number.

{Rosie:} Yeah, she told me. I just wanted to make sure it was you. Thank you for the wishes.

{ME:} You're welcome. See you tomorrow.

I put my phone down and smiled then forced myself to sleep because the sooner I fall asleep the sooner I can see her.