CH. 3 Roseanne

Zyra's voice made me shudder, her breath was hot on my ear, and I felt them get red instantly. I got goosebumps on my arm where she lightly dragged her fingertips across.

Saved by the bell.

I took a step back and grabbed my bag, "I'll see you guys later!"

"Wait Rosie, we have class together!" Lisa said then came running after me.

I didn't stop until I was at my locker, dodging people every step of the way. I leaned my back on my locker, my eyes closed and panting hard.

"What the fuck was that about?" Lisa said after catching up with me. She threw her body over and held her knees.

"Nothing, I didn't want to be late."

"Yeah, right Rose! What did Zyra say to you!"

"Ugh," I peeled myself off the locker. "She said 'why don't you find out'."

Lisa stood up straight like she wasn't tired a second ago. "What!"

"What the hell did she mean by that?"

Lisa smirked at me. "Maybe she wants you to make a move."

"No. nu-ah. I'm good, I don't want to be the next victim or the plaything of the school. She's on like what number five? Yeah, I'll pass. I want a mate, not a dog. No pun intended."

She laughed at me, like it was on cue, Jisoo and Jennie finally caught up.

"Hey! Did you get your first kiss yet?" Lisa teased Jennie.

"A girl never kisses and tells." Jennie said then winked. We all squealed and did bunny hops.

After all our classes were done, Lisa dragged us to the gym where they were holding volleyball try-outs. She wanted us to wait for her when she was done, but it was to Jennie's benefit to watch and wait for her now mate.

I told Jisoo and Jennie what Zyra had said to me, and I didn't know what to do about it or how to act. Again, I will say, only in my head, that I wanted Zyra. I mean she's hot and now that I see that she is actually caring and may have a heart, it made me like her a lot more. Still won't admit it though.

"Look Rosie. Not a single person believes you when you said you don't want Zyra." Jennie pointed out my rapidly racing heartbeat. "She clearly got under your skin and may have even touched it." Now she's teasing.

"It's not a bad thing to have your crush Rosie, I too think Zyra is attractive, but we all have our preferences." Jisoo said, while looking out into the court watching all the players running drills.

"You still have a crush on Lisa, don't you?" I asked Jisoo.

"I never wanted to say anything because we're all gonna split up when we get mated anyways. I'm just letting it ride until she finds hers and I'll get over it."

It was silent for a while until we heard a "HEADS UP!"

I caught the ball while the girls flinched.

"I'm really sorry about that!" A girl came up to the bleachers to collect the ball.

"It's okay." I tossed her the ball. She looked familiar, maybe she's in one of my classes. Someone called her back and she stammered off. I watched her jog back to her group which ironically was near Zyra. She was glaring at me like I did something wrong, arms folded over her chest, biceps on display from her nearly sleeveless school jersey.

I didn't know whether to give her a scowl back or look away, but she looked like she wanted to fight. I scowled at her and crossed my arms, mimicking her every action. It felt like we were there for a couple minutes until she shook her head then went back to practicing.