CH. 5 Roseanne

Waking up to the sun's rays coming into my room and shining in my eyes. I would normally be annoyed that I was being woken up from my deep sleep but today is a different day. I stretched my arms up and extended my whole body. I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror it was like I was looking at my wolf for the first time.

"Happy Birthday." I told her.

You as well.

I giggled then started my morning routine. When I was finished, I checked my phone. I had 20 texts waiting. 19 were from the girls, and one was from Zyra. I blinked at my phone trying to make sure I saw things clearly. I ignored the girls and clicked on her text.

{ZYRA:} Good morning

You're smiling.

{ME:} Good morning

I didn't even bother to open the group chat because then I would sit there and read the gossip or whatever it was. So, I told myself I would read them in the car on the way to school. Which came really fast.

"You think you'll find your mate today?" My mom asked when she put the car in park at the front of the school.

"I don't know, but we'll see! Definitely a dinner starter for tonight." I said then got out of the car.

"Have a good day sweetie! Happy birthday!" My mom said before I closed the door.

"Thank you, mommy! Have a good day!" I waved her off. I took a deep breath in, then let it out slowly. Staring down the front doors of the giant building.

"Here we go." I said then walked onto campus.

I made it to the front doors with ease, no bullies, no attacks, no mate. I started to get a little sad as I walked to my locker. When I'm by myself, I normally keep my head down. And because of this, I bumped into someone and took a step back. Before I was going to say sorry, I felt something stir inside my chest. My wolf growled and I felt a pull I didn't think I was going to feel today. But when I looked at the girl that was standing in front of me, my heart sank into my stomach.

"Watch where the fuck-" Lona, an Alpha's daughter from another pack, also Zyra's ex-girlfriend, cut her sentence off when she saw me. Her eyes flashed a little bit of blue and I'm sure mine did the same.

"Oh, fuck no. You've gotta be kidding me!" She said with rage.

"Uh, Hi, Lona." I said nervously, tucking a hair behind my ear.

"Nope this isn't going to fly! I'm rejecting you!"

My eyes got big, and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Don't be fucking surprised! We're not even in the same league. And I'm NOT going to be mated to someone as low as you. So, you can go find someone else! Get lost!" She said then shoved past me.

I felt a tear form, but I stopped it before it fell. I rushed to the nearest restroom, locked myself in a stall and grabbed my chest. It was rare for wolves to reject their mates but when they did, it hurt like a bitch. What sucks the most, you don't get a second chance. Lona rejected me and I don't blame her. She was the queen bitch of the school and probably fucked half of it. She's an alpha rank, so how did she get paired with me?

"Yo did you hear!? Lona rejected her mate today!"

I heard someone come into the restroom. I got up on the toilet so they wouldn't see my feet, but then thought it was stupid that they could smell me if they wanted to. But I stayed.

"I think it was someone of a low rank, not like omega low but still. It's crazy how an alpha gets paired like that."

This event literally just happened not five minutes ago, and people are already talking about it!