CH. 18 Roseanne

I told my dad I wanted to have Jisoo and the girls take me to school today. If anything, being near Ryujin would be in my best interest to keep Lona away from me. I have been on the phone with Jennie all morning getting ready asking her if it was okay and she even had the same idea. When we finally got to school, Ryujin and Matt were waiting for us at our picnic table that we hang out at every day. When we got to them, I explained exactly what happened between me and Lona.

"You didn't tell Zyra about this yet?" Ryujin asked, puzzled.

"It didn't really cross my mind when my mate woke up from a two-day coma Ryujin. And on top of that. We were having a good time last night. I wanted to stay with her last night, but my mom wouldn't let me."

"Well... As beta I am responsible for the Alpha's role in her absences. So, I have to protect you today. But as a friend, you only need to ask." She smiled at me.

"Thank you."

"Hey, I'm here too you know." Matt said, scratching his neck.

"Yeah, but you have one less arm and I'm stronger than you." Ryujin said acting like she was going to hit him, and he flinched. She laughed as she added. "I know Rosie has all her classes with Lisa, so you'll have to guard her more. Matt is always in the middle of us anyways, so he'll be on the lookout too. No one lets Lona near Rosie. And Rosie, try not to go anywhere by yourself."

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it."

After the first set of classes everything seemed to be fine and there was actually no sight of Lona in the halls.

"Maybe she isn't here today," Lisa said, linking her arm with mine as we walked to the cafeteria.

"God, I hope so. I mean honestly, what can she do! I'm already marked. Actually. What did she mean by "it's not completed"?"

Lisa stopped and looked at me like I asked a stupid question.

"You don't know?"

I stared into her eyes waiting for an answer. Lisa let me go and shoved her bookbag and jacket off her shoulder then pulled her collar down.

"When fully marked, it becomes dark and has the initials of your mate."

"How is yours like that but mine looks fated?" I pulled mine down showing her.

"You really don't know do you?" Lisa asked me.

"What Lisa?"

"The bite and markings are completed..." She paused with a smirky smile. "While you're having sex."

My eyes widened and I dropped my book. "What!"

Lisa giggled at my expression. "The mark could be started off as a bite like yours, then completed later. I thought you knew when you told Lona off."

"Well! I... I didn't really think about it in the heat of the moment."

"Since you have an uncompleted mark, it can give another a chance to form it on their own. That's why Lona said the things she said. If she can claim, you before Zyra then it's over."

"Yeah, like I'm gonna let that happen. I hate Lona with a passion, and I don't care how strong she is I will fight her off."

"That's my bestie! Let's go! I'm hungry!"

We had gone the whole day without running into Lona. I was genuinely surprised because of the threat she made. If she really wanted me then where was she? Maybe we scared her off?

After the last period, I stopped at my locker and met Ryujin. We chatted about Zyra's homework and how they were able to avoid most of it going on missions, while walking to the lunch bench outside.