CH. 7 Roseanne

"I'm sorry that happened to you today, Rosie, no one deserves that." Ryujin gave me her sympathy.

"It's okay. It hurts but, honestly, I feel like it would have hurt more being with the she devils herself." We all laughed at the nickname I just came up with.

"That may be true, but hopefully you could get lucky and mate later on."

"Thanks Ryujin." I said then turned to Zyra again. She was laying down and her friend, I assumed it was Matt, was lying next to her. A low growl formed in my chest, and I shocked myself. Am I jealous? Yeah, I think I am.

"Uh what was that?" Jisoo asked me.

"What?" I snapped my neck looking at everyone.

"You growled. Are you okay?" Jennie asked.

"Did I?" I tried to hide it.

"You know as an assassin; I am trained to tell when people are lying right?" Ryujin let go of Jennie's shoulders and took a step towards me. She was just as tall and intimidating as Zyra was. I lower my head a bit, submitting to her gaze. "Do you like Zyra?"

Just the mention of her name made my heart race, which led to my blood boiling up to my cheeks. As much as I wanted to lie, I couldn't. So, I nodded. Ryujin smiled then returned to her place next to Jennie.

"It took a Beta to make you tell the truth. Even though we all knew the answer." Lisa chimed in laughing.

"It doesn't matter anymore." I looked down but then swung my eyes to the cute gray wolf that drove me insane. But why though? Why does her presence and sight make my heart race and knees weak?

She is your true mate.

My eyes widened hearing my wolf speak. "What the hell? Stop talking nonsense."

Go to her then.

I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath, and held it. "Luna help me."

When I opened my eyes and tilted my head to look over at Zyra, she was already standing and making her way over. Something in her eyes caught mine. I felt like I was stuck, locked in her gaze. It was like I was hypnotized, and my body started to move to her uncontrollably.

"What's happening to me?"

You'll see.

Once we were in front of each other, she sat down, twitching her tail again. I leaned down a bit and softly scratched her chin. The weight of her head fell into my hand and closed her eyes. I giggled because I was convinced that if she was a giant cat, she'd be purring.

"You're really soft." I took a kneeling position to get closer to her.

Her eyes opened, then she leaned back away from my hand.

"What?" I was confused.

She scooted towards me and pressed her face into my chest. I almost fell back from the force but managed my balance. I wrapped her in a hug for a little bit knowing what this gesture meant. But I don't think she needed a hug from me, more like she was trying to comfort me.

"I know you're sorry but there's nothing anyone can do anymore." I said, grabbing her face and making her look at me. It was nice seeing the 'all mighty' Zyra look so vulnerable. She isn't or even wasn't what people made her out to be. She just had to act.

She whined at me.

"Don't give me that." I said, still holding her chin in my hands. I will not get over how beautiful her eyes are. "Your eyes are pretty."