Who Fiancé

Arohi's Pov

( Few days later)

I was looking down at my phone while walking through the wet road, still soaked from the wild rain the day before. I had a very important meeting with the team today, and I swore I'd be in trouble if I got late.

As I twisted the key in my scooty, I heard its familiar roar. Taking a deep breath, I took off for the office. Rehan had alerted me to take the inner roads since the main ones were packed, so I took the familiar shortcut.

"Kitna gandagi bana rakha hai," I muttered, squeezing my nose against the unbearable smells. "Is this a fish market? Ewww, so smelly." I tried to get out of the narrow alley as quickly as possible.

"Help..." Did I just hear someone scream? "H...e..lp!" Yeah, someone was definitely screaming, but from where? It seemed to be coming from that side. "Kya karu, office ke liye late ho raha hai... Nahi, yaar, what if someone is in danger... Durga Maa ka naam le and get into it," I muttered to myself. I slowly got off my scooty, looking around for any sign, but saw nothing except puddles of water.

As I walked forward, the sound became clearer. It was definitely coming from this side, but I couldn't pinpoint where. I felt trapped between the eerie old buildings.

Taking small steps, I finally heard it from behind a cracked door covered in spider webs. "Awaz yahi se aa rahi hai," I thought. I jumped onto the door, but it was locked from the inside.

"Shittt," I cursed, hitting the door hard but only hurting my hand. I looked around for something to break it, but there was nothing. "Help," the voice was clearer now, and it was definitely a female voice. I banged on the door as hard as I could. Gosh, what should I do? I looked around desperately but found nothing.

Gathering all my courage, I took a deep breath, calmed myself, and then kicked the door with all my might. It cracked and fell to pieces, revealing the backs of a few people who turned to look at me. Through the gap, I saw a girl lying helpless on the ground.

I ran into the room, shouting, "Oiiiiiiii!" I grabbed one of the men by the collar and threw him to the ground.

The room reeked of dampness and decay, making me gag as I tried to focus on the situation. The men who had turned toward me looked rough and startled by my sudden intrusion. One of them lunged at me, but I sidestepped and pushed him into the wall.

"Durr Raho Usse!" I shouted, positioning myself between the girl and the men. The girl looked terrified, her eyes wide with fear, her hands bound and mouth gagged.

"Itna Himmat, Janti Hai mein Koun Hu?" The man I had thrown down earlier got up and tried to come at me again. I grabbed a rusted metal rod lying nearby and swung it at him, hitting his arm. He yelled in pain and staggered back. "Peeche" I order

"Warna Yesa Halat karungi mein" I challenged, brandishing the rod.

The men hesitated, exchanging wary glances. One of them, seemingly the leader, sneered and signaled the others to back off. "This isn’t over," he spat before they all retreated through another door, disappearing into the shadows.

I dropped the rod and hurried to the girl. "Hey, it’s okay now. I’m here to help, Everything is okay ha!" I said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. She flinched initially but relaxed a bit when she realized I meant no harm.

I quickly untied her hands and removed the gag. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice trembling. "They... they were going to..."

"Shhh, you're safe now," I assured her. "Let's get you out of here."