𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑑 𝑂𝑟 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟?

T𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 19

"Yeh tab ki baat hai jab Prena ke Baba humse raat ko chupke milne aate the. Ab pata nahi yeh sab kuch hota bhi hai ki nahi," Dida exclaimed.

"Dida! Aapko Nanu chupke kaise milne aate the?" Kajol asked mischievously.

"Haan toh, woh hamare ghar ke peeche wali pipe se aise *mimicking* chadh ke aata tha!" Dida said. "Ek baar toh Maa ne usse rangey haath pakad liya, boli *Ayein boka, amar bari te ki korcho?* Bafre baf! Tab mujhe ek hafte tak ghar se nikalne nahi diya. Itni daant padi thi mujhe," Dida bit her tongue and shook her head, reminiscing those days. "Uske baad hamari shaadi hui."

The ladies of the family gathered around, listening intently as Dida shared her tales. "Yeh Prena aur Ranjeev ka bhi kaam nahi hai haan..." Dida playfully shrugged at Prena.

"Maa, tu bhi na!" Prena looked away, embarrassed.

"Ab toh bas, tum sab ladkiyan bhi apne liye acche ladke pasand karna. Dhan sampatti ka baat nahi, jo tumhe itna pyaar kare ki tumhare liye woh chand bhi cheen laaye!" Dida counseled.

"Aajkal aise ladke milte kahan hain, Dida," Pragya said.

"Dhundo toh Bhagwan bhi milte hain, yeh ladke kya hain... jo tumhare liye bana hai woh tumhe milega hi, aaj nahi toh kal," Dida replied.

Kajol and Pragya nodded in agreement.

"Arohi ka toh shaadi ho gayi hoti na agar woh-" Prena's voice trailed off as the doorbell rang, interrupting their conversation.

"Main dekhti hoon!" Prena stood, adjusting her pallu as she walked toward the main door while the rest continued their chatter.

"Tera hoga koi," Dida teased Kajol.

"Nahi hai, Dida," Kajol protested, laying her head in Dida's lap. "Baat hoti hai Surangani se?"

"Koun hai, are haan waise yeh Aru kah-" Prena's sentence was abruptly cut off as she saw Arohi, unconscious, in Ayan's arms. Her hands flew to her mouth, a gasp escaping her lips.

"Oh! Durga Maa! ARU!" she cried out, her voice sharp with alarm. The urgency in her tone brought everyone rushing to the main door. Gasps filled the air as they took in the sight of Arohi. "Kya hua?" Everyone peered at the door, taken aback by the sight of Arohi.

"Arohi Di!"

"Aru!" Dida hurried despite the pain in her leg. She stood in front of Arohi, gently caressing her face. She looked up at Ayan, who was barely able to stand. His breath was unstable, his eyes blinking, fresh wounds on his face, the weight of Arohi's body making his injuries ache.

"Yeh Kya Hua!" Her mother quickly guided him toward the hall, where they gently laid Arohi on the sofa. Ayan fell to his knees, exhausted.

"Aye bacha, Tum thik ho?" Dida asked, her voice trembling with worry as she kept her hand on his shoulder. Ayan nodded wearily, then forced himself to stand once more, taking one last look at Arohi before giving Dida a faint, reassuring smile, She just watched him with Concern.

"Pani," Kajol called, running in with water. Chaos ensued as everyone tried to revive Arohi, their tears of concern mixing with hurried, desperate attempts to wake her.

"AYAN! Kya hua Arohi ko?" Prena demanded, her tone laced with accusations. Ayan halted and turned to face her. "Ummm..."

"Bolo bhi Ayan! Agar tumne kuch kiya hai toh mein tumhe chorne wali nahi, samjhe!" Prena pointed an accusing finger at him. "Meri bachi ne tumhare wajah se bahut kuch jhela hai. Agar aaj isse kuch hua toh," she cried, unable to tear her gaze from Arohi. "Yeh Maa Tumhe Baki Nahi chodegi!"