Chapter 3

Maddie's POV:

I look up at the clock in my dance studio and see it's 4:45. I finished filming earlier today. I go to the dancers den and grab my bag changing out of my leotard. I play on my phone waiting. I can't help but feel happy that today's practice for my solo was good. I check my phone seeing Sabrina texted me. I quickly grab my stuff as rush outside. Once I'm outside I see Sabrina and Sadie faces. I instantly knew something bad happened.

"What's up guys you're scaring me." I ask

"Don't freak out but mommy dearest is back." Sadie says

"What do you mean?" I ask

"She drove us here apparently a cracked out judge decided she's mother material." Sabrina says

"What about tonight's party? Rowan texted me." I say

"Oh we're still going Ava said she'd cover for us. For a nine year old she's pretty smart." Sadie says

"Corey will drive us." Sabrina says

"Come on guys let's go." Sophia says as she rolls down the window

"Speaking of the devil let's go." I says as we gets into the van

"How was practice Mads?" Ava asks

"It was good I got a solo to perform at competition in three days." I say smiling

"Congrats honey I'm proud of you." Sophia says

"Don't be I don't care what you think." I reply putting my headphones in

I look through my playlist finally deciding on "What If I Fall" by Archetypes Collide. I scroll through my phone texting Chloe telling her about the party tonight. Once I see that she will be there I turn off my phone. I look to see Sadie listening to music with Ava, and Sabrina texting Corey where to pick us up tonight. I can't help but question why now? Why is Sophia back now? What does she want? Whatever it is I can't help but feel angry. I look up once I feel the car stop. Oh great she kept the same house. My childhood house the one I thought I'd never see again. I grab my dance bag ignoring Sophia going to my room. Nothing has changed. It's the same room that I left nine years ago. This room is perfect for a three year old not a twelve almost thirteen year old. I can't be in here. I rush to the bathroom locking myself in there.

Sadie's POV:

As I enter the hellhole house I go straight to my room. Oh great this is the room I got forced to leave. Nothings changed the teddy bears are still lined up on my bed how I had them. My dolls still in the corner. This isn't my room. I haven't been in here since I was five. I can't help the overwhelming feeling building in my chest. All of my old memories come rushing back. I run out of my room straight into Maddie's. Her room hasn't changed either. Her princess wallpaper still looking fresh and her tutus thrown like how she had them the day we got dropped off at the orphanage.

"Mads?" I knock on the bathroom door

"Yeah." She says shaking

"It's okay how about you come to my room we can get ready for the party?" I say

"You're letting me borrow your clothes?" She asks

"Look I don't wanna be alone in that room and I need you okay?" I ask

"I need you too okay let's go get ready." She says

We walk back into my room. As we're getting ready I hear and knock I open the door to see Ava and Sabrina standing at my door. As they walk into my room I can see Sabrina has dry tear tracks on her face. I was up to her and give her a hug.

"It'll be okay Sabs. Can you do Maddie and I's makeup for the party?" I ask

"Sure! Aves you know what to tell Sophia if she asks where we went right?" Sabrina asks

"Yes. I'll tell her you guys went and are over at Chloe's house tonight and that I decided not to go cause I wanna spend time with her." Ava replies

"Good okay come on let's get ready." I say

After we get ready we hug Ava before sneaking out Sabrina window. As we climb down her balcony we meet Corey. Sabrina kisses him as I climb in the backseat I see Caleb. I give him a quick hug. I look and I see Maddie smiling as she is texting Chloe.

"Is Chloe coming?" I ask

"Yeah she told her mom she's sleeping at Nia's tonight." She replies

"Okay cool I miss her we haven't seen much of here lately." Sabrina says

Once we pull into Rowan's house we all rush inside. Caleb and I start taking out snacks placing them on the living room table. Maddie and Chloe put together a playlist. Sabrina, Corey, and Rowan start making drinks. Once we all finish we start drinking as all of the guests show up.

"Hey Caleb you wanna go make out on the couch?" I ask slurring

"Sure." He laughs replying tipsily

I look and I see Maddie and Chloe dancing together as they are laughing drunk. Sabrina and Rowan are drunkingly singing to Corey. Corey is our designated driver so he's just laughing eating snacks. A couple hours passed and Maddie, Sabrina, and I are completely wasted. Caleb and Chloe have sobered up. Corey is trying to get us back into the car since the party has ended.

"Guys we have to get you back home Ava texted me saying Sophia is getting suspicious." Chloe says guiding Maddie to the car

"Come on let's get you girls in the car." Corey says as he guides Sabrina and Caleb guides me to the car.

Once we arrive home Caleb carries me to my room kissing my forehead before leaving. Corey carried Sabrina and tucked her into my bed kissing her goodnight and leaving. Chloe made Maddie and her a bed on the floor tucking Maddie in before tucking herself in. I close my eyes thinking how awesome tonight was but how shitty tomorrow is gonna be dealing with Sophia. After thinking that I fall asleep.