PART 2: Be a man

*THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED SO IF YOU FIND ANY  GRAMMATICAL ERROR, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.*

(I was very busy today as I got engaged into some family problems. I didn't get any time to edit this chapterHope you will cooperate with me and understand me too. Thank you)

Enjoy:)

_______________________________________________

A R S H I

My hands turned cold.

"Oh my dear!" A sweet voice of a woman could be heard.

I turned to see and saw Rune's mother, Mrs Caroline.

She smiled and held my hands. "You look so beautiful, my daughter."

I smiled, a fake one.

"Dude.. This is so beautiful. What are you wearing?" Viviana spoke.

"A saree"

"Uh ah! How pretty. I would love to wear this. Would you give me a saree?" She asked in excitement.

I chuckled. "Why no -"

"The man of the house is waiting for dinner. But you all are interested in the daughter in law of the house. And it seems...that the daughter in law...has not learned any manners." Rune's dad said strictly with a taunting tone.

"Dear, I was just making sure she was feeling comfortable with us." Mrs Caroline said.

I covered my head with my pallu, I went to him and bent to touch his feet. He moved away.

Oh. He might not know this ritual.

I smiled and stood tall.

"I am Arshi-"

"No one asked for your introduction." Rune's father said.

Rune held my arms and pulled me back. He whispered to me, "Dont mess up, or I swear you will forget to speak for days."

My chest felt an empty shell. 

I sat for dinner with everyone.

Rune's father was the first one to start the supper.

After that, Deric , Rune, and Giovanni had their food.

Then Mrs Caroline took the food, followed by Viviana and me.

No one spoke a word.

"What's your name?" Rune's father asked.

"Arshi."

"Full name"

"Arshi Choud-"

"Arshi Romano." Rune said.

"Why did you marry her?"

"I love her."

"Love? What about the wealth? How much dowry did they give you?" He stopped eating, and everyone else stopped too.

"Dont you know being the mafia of Italy you had to marry someone who was equally powerful and wealthy as us, as you. That would have made us more rich and powerful, but you fell in love!!!!??"

"Father -"

"Shut up. Just shut up!!" He yelled and stood up angrily. Everyone stood up.

"Marriage is a transaction, not a sentimental indulgence. It's a merger of interests, a union of power and wealth. Love is a fleeting fantasy, but profit and legacy are the only true currencies that matter.  You ruined everything. Once again, you failed to be my son. Once again, you failed to be a man."