30. A leading Trail

Annirudh and Arshi parted ways. To sustain his life for a year, he worked as a tutor. He tried to distract himself from Arshi, but he couldn't. He made himself engage in his tutoring. He got mixed with kids and family and friends.

Whereas,

Rune's malicious plan was on progress. During the trials, a lot of innocent villagers died. Sidhant and his team were unable to solve the mystery missing cases of the villagers.

The mystery grows day by day.

ACP Sidhant's face was etched with frustration as he stared at the stack of files on his desk. The investigation into the missing villagers had hit a dead end. Despite their best efforts, they couldn't find any leads on which hospital they had gone to for their check-ups.

"It's as if they vanished into thin air," he muttered to himself.

Rune's plan was working perfectly. He had covered his tracks well, and the police were no closer to uncovering the truth.

ACP Sidhant's phone rang, breaking the silence. He answered, listening intently to the voice on the other end.

"What do you mean there's no record of the villagers at any hospital?" he asked, his voice firm.

He listened for a moment, then slammed his fist on the desk. "Keep searching! I want answers, and I want them now!"

He hung up the phone, his eyes blazing with determination. He would not rest until he uncovered the truth behind the missing villagers.

"Sahab sahab...I am telling the truth..trust me," a man cried. "Tumhara yeh jo kahani hai nah wo kahi aur sunana." Shyam laughed.

[The story you are narrating tells it somewhere else]

"Sahab, I have seen them...bholenath ki kasam jhoot nahi bol rahe hai," the man pleaded.

[Sahab.. I have seen them... I swear to shiv I am not lying]

Sidhant came out of his cabin and looked at the man who was requesting Shyam.

"What's going on?" He said. Shyam and Raj stood up. "Sir!" They saluted while Sidhant nodded and walked near their desks."Who is he?" He looked at the man who seemed to be a farmer.

"He's a native from a nearby villager, sir. He's saying he has seen where the missing people are." Shyam said.

Sidhant looked at the man with raised brows. "How? Where?"

The man joined his hand in 'namaskar position' and pleaded, "Sahab...I have seen them burying bodies."

"Seen who?"

"Some white dressed people, they wore some type of coats and face shield and... and buried some bodies."

"Where?"

"Wo...wo....jungle ke paas wale maidan mein," the man panicked.

[That...that...maidan near jungle]

Sidhant kept staring at him suspiciously. "When did you see this?"

"Wo..raviwar...ke raat ko..hum ek kaam kar ke ghar laut rahe the...wo jungle wale raasta se aarahe to...tabhi..humne...ek khudai ki..awaz suni Jab awaz ka picha kiye to dikha..ki kuch mask lagai, safed kapde mehene wale log...kuch mare insaan ko dafna  rahe the" the man explained nervously.

[ON Sunday night, I was returning from  work. I took the jungle road, then I heard some noise. I followed the noise and saw that some masked men wearing white dress burried some dead bodies]