35. The End

A R S H I

I felt a stinging pain in my hand, a liquid injected in my vein. I stirred, a pink dressed lady, the nurse was injecting me some fluid. Seeing me awake, she passed me a warm smile. "Are you feeling good?" She asked in a calm voice. I nodded. "What is the time?"

"9pm. It's time for your dinner. Should I bring it for you here?" I refused."I would like to go downstairs and have dinner with my family." She shook her head in 'okay' and detached my channel from the IV tube.

She helped me to walk down. As soon as I reached the dine room, I saw Rune and others. Ma rushed to me and helped me to settle on the chair. All of them threw questions at me, how it happened. What happened and etc etc. I answered to none but just kept staring at Rune, who didn't reply anything either. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and started to have my dinner.

"Boss," Dominic called. He waited outside the room for permission to enter. He entered after Rune's signal and whispered something to him. "I don't want to meet Sapphire now." He said before Dominic could say further, he was ordered to leave.

"He's so stubborn. If she wants to meet him, then obviously, it's an emergency. " I thought.

After my dinner, Rune tried to accompany me to my room. His sudden loving behavior is unpredictable. Or maybe I am suspecting too much? Honestly, I am unable to understand this man. Sometimes, he acts like he cares for me, and the other time, he acts like a monster.

"I can walk on my own, or my nurse will take care of me." I said and walked away. All of us sat in the hallroom, and my family was talking to Rune while I silently ate my dessert - misti doi.

"Arshi, what about you?" Ayushi asked and looked at me, expecting an answer. I had no clue which topic was being discussed, "Anything," I said cluelessly. She chuckled. "Then final we will go to Goa!"

Rune's phone vibrated with a message. His phone was placed just beside me. It was from Sapphire. I picked up a book, pretending to read. And without anyone's notice,I placed his phone on my book. "Suddenly, you started reading a novel?" Ma asked."Join us in conversation, " I refused."Reading will help me to heal." I said.

From the vial box, there were 25 vials. But now, when I checked, one vial is missing.  Caspian had mixed the virus with the bullet. He planned to kill you with your virus. Arshi is infected. We need to treat her as soon as possible before it spreads in the entire city. The virus he injected will start its work within 10 hours, and it's almost time. We need to isolate Arshi, Mr Romano, please meet me.

My eyes widened in horror as I scrolled her message. I felt a wave of dizziness wash over me as if the world was spinning around me. My mind was paralyzed, my hand shaking, tongue dried. Tears formed. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I glanced at my little family, who were laughing and giggling. I was infected, and because of me, everyone would get infected.

I closed my book and ran upstairs, wiping my tears, but they wouldn't stop falling. The thought of death kept running in my mind. I ran as fast as I could. On reaching my room, I shut the door and slipped on the floor, crying and sobbing.

"Arshi! Arshi, what happened? Why did you run?" Rune asked worriedly. I heard my ma and baba voice, worried and tensed. "Di, what happened ? Are you okay?" Everyone asked me anxiously. I just sobbed loudly. "I...I am infected." I shouted while crying.