Chapter 10: Little Red

Japanese and US Governments to Investigate Report of Civilian Deaths in Special Region

Tokyo, Japan - The Japanese and United States governments have announced a joint investigation into a report submitted by a Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) officer concerning the deaths of over 100 civilians in the Special Region. The incident, allegedly involving the presence of Japanese and American soldiers, is reported to have been caused by a dragon attack.

The report, which has drawn significant attention and concern, details a tragic event where a dragon reportedly attacked a civilian population, leading to over 100 fatalities. Both Japanese and American military personnel were said to be present at the scene, raising questions about their roles and responses during the incident.

Official Statements

In a press conference held in Tokyo, a spokesperson for the Japanese Ministry of Defense stated, "We are deeply saddened by the loss of civilian lives and are committed to conducting a thorough investigation. We will work closely with our American counterparts to uncover the facts and ensure accountability."

The US Department of Defense issued a similar statement, emphasizing the importance of transparency and cooperation. "The United States takes this matter very seriously. We are fully committed to working with our Japanese allies to investigate this incident and provide any necessary support to ensure a comprehensive and impartial inquiry," said a Pentagon spokesperson.

Investigation Objectives

The joint investigation aims to:

Establish the Sequence of Events: Determine the exact timeline and circumstances leading to the dragon attack.

Assess Military Response: Evaluate the actions taken by JSDF and US Army personnel during the incident.

Identify Accountability: Determine if any lapses or failures occurred that contributed to the high civilian casualties.

Provide Recommendations: Offer guidance on preventing similar incidents in the future and improving response protocols.

Background

The Special Region, an enigmatic and hazardous area known for its unique challenges and dangers, has been under close observation and patrol by JSDF and US military forces. The presence of mythical creatures, including dragons, poses significant risks, necessitating heightened vigilance and strategic planning.

The reported incident has sparked a debate on the effectiveness of current protocols and the adequacy of training provided to military personnel operating in such a volatile environment. Public opinion in both Japan and the United States has called for swift action and greater oversight to prevent further tragedies.

Moving Forward

As the investigation unfolds, both governments have pledged to keep the public informed and ensure that justice is served.

The outcome of this investigation will not only address the immediate concerns but also shape future policies and strategies for military operations in the Special Region. The world watches closely as Japan and the United States navigate this critical and sensitive situation, seeking truth and accountability in the wake of a devastating event.

Source: Global Chronicles Network

Wandering Wyvern Inn, Italica

March, 29, 2028 10:40 (29th day of the Crescent Moon 638)

Back at the Inn, Andrew and Kurokawa were still tending to the girl. Andrew still felt guilty after he got reprimanded by Adam. Kurokawa noticed his troubled expression and approached him quietly.