𝟬𝟮 | 𝗦𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺

||

||

𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝔂𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓬𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮

"Fix it," Daniel ordered the flight attendant motioning towards his newly wedded wife.

Miliani had already changed into a solid black A-line dress as Daniel instructed. That flight attendant annoyingly batted her eyes towards her before reaching for her unkempt hair and arranging it. She let Miliani's long hair slickly cascade down her back and set it with a spray. Some concealer was blended to balance the puffiness of her eyes and cheeks, and finally, the touch of a pink lip tint concluded her looks. In contrast to how much she despised Miliani for interrupting her golden chance with her irritating cryings, she was magnificent with her makeup skills.

Daniel was still in the same attire as before, jet black from head to toe. In his twisted way, he wanted to convey the message through his choice of attire how deeply he was mourning over Tristian Romano's death, even though he was the one who did not hesitate a microsecond before pulling the trigger.

It was already evening when they reached their destination. The Dons had sent their second in command to personally escort the would-be Don and his wife to Lorenzo Romano's mansion. A Rolls Royce surrounded by multiple bodyguards came into Daniel's view while descending through the stairs. Daniel halted at the last stair waiting for Miliani, as Miliani stepped down his level, he grabbed her hand and tilted his face to her level.

"Do not speak unless you are spoken to and dare not step out my sight," Daniel commanded her in a low authoritative voice to which she meekly nodded which went absolutely unnoticed by him. Miliani found it difficult to match her tired steps with Daniel's long strides but she did not dare speak.

A formal introduction was made and a handshake was exchanged between Daniel and Nacho, the second in command of the Romanos. "I'll drive ourselves," with stakes being higher than ever, Daniel's trust lies in no one. Nacho quietly handed him the keys while passing a thin smile. It would surely be considered as an ulterior way of disrespecting the conservative Dons.

Three other cars travelled alongside Daniel's as they arrived at Lorenzo Romano's mansion, the heart of the Romano estate and home to the eldest Don. Bodyguards swiftly approached, opening the car door for Daniel and Miliani with practised precision. Miliani felt a surge of discomfort and hesitation as the large crowd around them bowed in respect to Daniel and herself. Daniel reached for Miliani's hand and held it firmly.

Lorenzo Romano, the capo (caporegime) with his entire family stood alongside Antonio Romano, famously named as the padrino, and his family before the main entrance, shining in their virtue. The air around was screaming danger, authority, power and dominion which did not fail to exhilarate Daniel's mind. He had been waiting for this day since ever, to finally stand more than equal to this sick rotted Romanos.