𝟭𝟴 | 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹

▪▪▪

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝓘𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓵, 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓵𝔂, 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓷𝓸 𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮, 𝓷𝓸 𝓮𝓷𝓭 ...
... 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮.

𐙚

Miliani could physically feel him lowering his face down to her level. After a splash moment of confusion, his stubble brushed against the side of her face while he sneaked his hand in front of her confused self, holding a slick metal lighter, which was already lightened up by him.

Mili shuffled a step backwards pressing her back more into his chest out of pure stupefaction.

They were standing right across the boundary of that penthouse. There was a beautiful alley surrounded by mesmerizing garden views on either side of it, leading to the main entrance of the opulent building.

Calmly dealing with Mili's sheer hesitancy to take a grasp of the given situation, Daniel gripped her upper arm and lifted her hand to somehow pass the lighter to her.

Mili gulped as the cold metal of the lighter touched her warm skin. There was a thick line of something oily on the ground travelling up to where Mili was standing, which went completely unnoticed by her primarily as she was indulged in appreciating the beauty of her surroundings. Refusing to take the lighter in her hand, Mili moved it away with her other hand.

Daniel only dryly chuckled at her reaction while enveloping his arm around her slender waist. His tall shadow swallowed her frame. And before Mili could even realise it, she was tethered to that very spot by her husband.

"You don't have a choice here, baby. I'm doing you a favour. I'm freeing you from your past," His voice dripped with a dangerous edge, every word meant to cut as deep as his laced anger was flickering in the depth of his orbs.

"But .. but how can you just .. set a whole penthouse on fire?" Out of pure disbelief and emerging fear, Mili questioned after finally realising what he was up to.

"I am not the one setting it on fire, bunny." He tightened his hold around her waist and pulled her face towards him to let her witness the gravity of his command, to make her understand the importance of his demand. "It's on you. You should've known better than to let that ugly name slip from your pretty lips," his tone was menacingly soft, his jealous breath hot against her ear. Little did she reckon that burning a building like this was nothing for him, even for no reason, but what he wanted was to teach her a good lesson for the crime she could not even realise before committing.

Involuntarily her whole body shuddered at his determination. "Th-there are people inside," she whispered, desperately seeking a hint of his mercy, hoping he would stop and he'd show some kindness to her as he had till now.