Chapter 6: Finding Griddy's Doughnuts

11 pm rolled around, the lights were all out and it was silent throughout the house. After getting changed silently back into my uniform, I placed a cute little black bow in my hair and checked myself in the mirror. It was kinda hard to see in the dark though.

I slowly moved to the window and carefully stepped out onto the fire escape.

"Gosh, you took your time." A whispered voice broke the silence.

I looked up to see Five leaning against the wall that separated both of our windows.

"What can I say? Unlike some I have style." Five eyes rolled at my comment.

"I wouldn't call putting a little black bow in the back of your hair style but okay. Anyway, come on, the others will be waiting for us in the alley."

I decided not to reply to his little comment, I moved towards the ladder on the fire escape but was pulled back sharply by the shoulder.

"Ouch, Five! That hurt!" I whispered yelled at him, turning back at him to scowl him.

"What are you thinking? You'll make too much noise going down the ladder, come on I'll do a spatial jump." Five went to grab my hand but I pulled it out of reach.

"Wait, have you done this before? Jumped with two people?" I questioned, unsure what might happen.

Five sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Charlotte seriously? Come on." Without another word, Five grabbed my arm and spatially jumped.

It was one of the worst experiences I had been through. I felt like I was being spun around and around, not knowing which direction was up and which was down. I closed my eyes hoping it would ease the never-ending experience.

We landed in the middle of the alleyway, I lost my balance slightly and went to grab onto anything that would help me stay up. What I grabbed onto was warm, I finally got the courage to re-open my eyes.

Of course, I had decided to grab onto Five. I looked up at him, my face growing warm with embarrassment. For a second he looked down at me with what looked like concern, but that look was quickly replaced with a look of disgust.

"Can you let go of me now?" He spoke harshly.

Regaining my balance, I straightened myself up and brushed off my uniform.

"Sorry, that was absolutely awful though," I spoke, trying to ease the awkwardness in the air. Five chuckled at my comment.

"Yeah, I knew that would happen. I'm not going to lie, that was pretty entertaining."

I rolled my eyes and looked around for the others. A few minutes later the others turned up, with excited looks on their faces.

We walked around aimlessly trying to find an open diner, that was until we stumbled into a car park of a place called Griddy's Donuts

We walked around aimlessly trying to find an open diner, that was until we stumbled into a car park of a place called Griddy's Donuts. The orange and yellow sign pulled us in, we all silently agreed that we had found our new secret hang-out spot.