Chapter 7: Sink or Swim

As we all entered the dining room for breakfast the next day, I couldn't help but notice how tired we looked. Although, I did think it was worth it.

I looked over the table and noticed that Mum had made us separate dishes, all of us had our favourite breakfasts, instead of the routine breakfasts we are used to. I looked down at my plate and smiled at the many pancakes stacked on my plate. On the side was a small jug filled with maple syrup and a small bowl filled with berries.

I looked over at Klaus' plate, which had a pile of waffles topped with butter and maple syrup. We both gave each other a cheeky grin, as we were all amazed at the unexpected surprise from Mum.

Dad soon emerged and gave us permission to sit down and start eating our breakfast. We all tried to eat it slowly, but our hunger made it difficult. Once we were all finished, Dad dismissed us but asked Klaus to stay back. I gave him a quick reassuring look as we all left.

I'll have to ask him what it was about later.

Since Dad had changed our schedules to be more power-focused, we were all informed that there were rules, we would have a certain number of hours of exercise per week, and if one of us didn't hit our target, our hours would increase. We still did have set training times with Dad and Pogo, this was going to range from group work, to paired work and to individual training.

As this was our first day on our new schedule I decided to head to the gym. After getting back into my room I changed into my exercise clothes which consisted of black leggings and a black top with our Academy's Crest on the left-hand side.

I opened my bedroom door and was greeted with a smirk from the one boy I was never in the mood to see or speak to.

Five.

I gave him a puzzled look.

What did he want? I bet he wanted to carry on our conversation from last night.

"Well, looks like someone is taking independent training to another level. I don't even think Luther's in the gym yet." Five snarkily said, barely making eye contact with me.

I rolled my eyes in response.

"What do you want, Five?" I asked, ignoring his comment.

I could see that ignoring his comment annoyed him a little, which made me slightly happy. His face then became serious before he spoke.

"I wanted to continue our conversion from last night."

I froze slightly, this was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Well, I want never gets. Now, if you'll excuse me," I said as I moved around him, "I'm going to the gym."

Before I could move away, Five grabbed my wrist and I was engulfed by the blue light. Once again I lost my footing when we landed but luckily this time I was able to catch myself without any help, looking around I noticed we were in my room.

I sighed heavily before turning to Five.

"What is your prob-"

"No, you are going to tell me exactly what's going on Charlotte. You can't just make a comment like that last night and expect no one to follow up on it," Five took a step closer to me and I slightly moved back, my feet hitting the edge of my bed.

"The others might not have thought twice about the words you chose, but me, I need to know." Five had a stern look on his face. It was hard to figure out what his goal was.

Why did he want to know so badly? We've both made it very clear that we both can't stand each other so this seems very out of character.

My silence seemed to have annoyed him further, I didn't know how but he managed to make his face look more stern than before.