Chapter 11: Bonds of Trust

Sunoo woke the next morning, his head still spinning from the intensity of the previous evening. The early rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. He stretched and turned, finding Sunghoon already awake, his eyes soft with concern and love.

"Good morning," Sunghoon greeted, his voice still tinged with awkwardness. "I'm sorry, I think I fell asleep last night."

Sunoo smiled softly. "Morning, hyung. It's okay."

Sunghoon returned the smile and asked gently, "How are you feeling?"

Sunoo took a moment to gather his thoughts. "Better," he replied honestly. "Still a bit overwhelmed, but... better."

Sunghoon nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "I'm glad. If you need anything or just want to talk, I'm here."

Sunoo smiled back, appreciating the sincerity in Sunghoon's eyes. The fact that Sunghoon, a true alpha, was his mate made him feel safe more than scared. He knew he wasn't over his past; the thought of meeting his old pack again made him want to disappear. Yet, despite everything, he felt safe with a true alpha. It seemed paradoxical, but at the same time, it felt like the most right thing that had ever happened to him.

They spent the next few moments in comfortable silence, enjoying the tranquility of the morning. Sunghoon’s presence was a constant reminder of the new dynamic between them, one filled with burgeoning trust and affection.

Sunghoon cleared his throat, still a little awkward. "Do you want me to make something for breakfast while you take a shower?"

Sunoo nodded with a smile. "That would be great."

As Sunghoon headed to the kitchen, Sunoo made his way to the bathroom. The sound of running water and the familiar scent of shampoo helped him relax. The shower was a small escape, a few moments of solitude where he could collect his thoughts and ready himself for the day ahead.

When Sunoo emerged from the bathroom, the enticing aroma of cooked food filled the cabin. He walked into the kitchen to find Sunghoon bustling around, setting plates of eggs, toast, and bacon on the table. Sunghoon looked up and smiled.

"Just in time," he said, pulling out a chair for Sunoo. "I hope you're hungry."

Sunoo's stomach growled in response, making them both laugh. "Starving," he admitted, sitting down.

As they ate, the conversation flowed easily, a mix of light-hearted banter and comfortable silence. Sunghoon shared stories about the pack, their traditions, and some funny anecdotes that made Sunoo laugh more than he had in a long time. It felt good, this easy companionship. It felt like home.

After breakfast, Sunghoon suggested they take a walk around the compound. Sunoo agreed, feeling the need to stretch his legs and get some fresh air.

As the day progressed, Sunoo found himself adjusting to this new dynamic. They moved through the pack compound together, Sunghoon's presence a constant source of comfort and reassurance. The other pack members were warm and welcoming, treating Sunoo with kindness and respect. It still felt strange, yet comforting, to be surrounded by so much genuine care.

In the afternoon, Sunoo found himself alone with Jungwon on a bench. Jungwon fidgeted nervously, his usually confident demeanor faltering. Sunoo noticed the younger wizard's discomfort and felt a pang of empathy.

"Sunoo, can we talk?" Jungwon asked, his voice hesitant.

Sunoo nodded, sensing the unease in Jungwon's eyes. "Of course, Jungwon. What's on your mind?"

Jungwon took a deep breath, his expression serious. "I wanted to apologize. I feel like I should have told you about the mate bond sooner. I was afraid you'd be mad at me for keeping it a secret."