Zee had his back turned away from the office cubicles as he stirred his mug of instant coffee with its wrapper

Zee had his back turned away from the office cubicles as he stirred his mug of instant coffee with its wrapper. Taking a sip, he stretched his neck and groaned. He'd only gotten three hours of sleep; he was up all night, finishing his manuscript. And he was going to submit it to the company, not as a publisher but as a writer.

Finally.

He sighed, a satisfied smirk peeking through his tired expression. His fingers tapped, dancing to a silent song on the lip of his mug.

"Is there a Khun Pruk here?" A voice echoed from outside the office.

Zee's ears perked up and he quickly rushed into sight, raising his hand.

A messenger wearing a suit slipped his head through the door with a pointing motion, "The chief wants to see you. He's in his office."

Zee walked to his cubicle and set his mug on the desk. He paused, freezing in front of his computer. The wrinkles around his eyes deepened as a toothy smile appeared on his face. His eyes rested on the title page that read "Written by Pruk Panich." Biting down on his lower lip, Zee smiled as he quickly minimized his digital manuscript when he heard his name called out once more.

Zee's eyes fluttered as he sat down in front of a coffee table in the chief's office. His stomach fluttered as well, like his guts were about to burst out from his mouth and fly away. He looked straight down, tracing the start and end of the marbling on the table in order to calm himself. Zee lightly pushed himself off the couch and sat back further into it. But his knees buckled as they slammed against the corner of the table.

At that moment, the chief spun around and Zee flinched, quickly sitting up straight with a wide smile. The chief had dark eyes as he hunched over his knees. He suddenly lifted his head and smiled a plain smile that matched his plain face.

"Khun Pruk," he began, "It looks like you've been working here for about four months?"

"It's been a bit over five months," Zee corrected.

"Oh?" the chief's face was genuinely shocked, "It's been that long already?" He took a moment to look past Zee's shoulders and think to himself.

Zee wondered what he might be thinking about, what he might want or need from an entry level employee like him. Zee was a hard worker, but he didn't have the work or position to merit any noteworthy conversation with the chief.

The chief's nervous laugh interrupted his thoughts, "You know, I've noticed that you are a very special employee."

Zee smiled awkwardly, unsure of where this conversation was leading towards.