●●○○○○

Her face was twisted and red like a rotting rose, and Zee wanted to see how far he could pluck at her petals before she broke

Her face was twisted and red like a rotting rose, and Zee wanted to see how far he could pluck at her petals before she broke. He cocked his head and leaned on the door panel with a smirk. Then he slightly propped the door open, just a crack enough for the woman to see Net sitting on the sofa. He raised his brow and with a smile, Zee gently lowered his head and spoke lowly.

"What's your message? I can pass it on, unless..." Zee then whispered, "You are here for no good reason?"

She regained her composure, swallowing and stretching her long neck as she fixed her posture, "I would like to tell him the message in person."

"No," Zee said with a smile, holding the door with one hand. Then he swung the door to his side, only letting her see him now, "I think you should go if you don't have business here."

"Where's James?"

"You have a lot of questions," Zee teased, "And you have guts to talk about an ex when the new boyfriend is in front of you."

She sucked on her teeth and forced a smile on her face, "I don't believe you."

"I've heard about you. You don't seem to believe a lot of things," Zee crossed his arms, "Well, it seems like your important message isn't that important."

"I—"

However, Zee swung and slammed the door in her face. He let out a single chuckle when he heard her voice grunting behind the locked door. He quickly turned around to face Net. The vampire's face was amused but also filled with mild disgust. Zee rolled his eyes and pointed at him as he threw his duffle bag over his shoulder and trudged to the guest room.

"You're taking me to work tomorrow."

And that he did.

Zee sighed as they entered the elevator together. He crossed his arms and leaned over on the elevator wall. He watched as Net scrolled on his phone and rolled his eyes. He really just wanted this to be over. It had only been one day. No, not even one day. It had been a single night, just several hours, but he missed his Nhu—

The elevator doors opened abruptly before it traveled down from the parking ramp. Zee looked over to the door, his frown deep and sad. His curled neck hitched up as his hooded eyes widened when they made contact with Chawarin's. The grumpy vampire chewed on his lip before he walked into the elevator, backing into the corner in which Zee stood. Zee barely noticed James who walked in behind him as he wrapped his arms around Chawarin.

He peered over Chawarin's shoulder and stretched his lips, pressing them along the soft cheeks and whispered, "Did you miss me?"

Chawarin squirmed and slapped Zee's arm, "You're being annoying."

Zee chuckled and rested his chin on Chawarin's shoulder. You say that but you're burrowing into me, he thought to himself. He squeezed himself into Chawarin's warmth and sighed, feeling like he'd finally been home. He peered over and noticed James' eyes quivering as he watched them. James quickly turned his head and looked at the floor after glancing at Net who kept his eyes glued to his stare. Zee slowly released his hold around Chawarin as he stared between James and Net, but Chawarin held his hands tightly around his waist, like he missed that touch. Zee's eyes widened as he scanned the icy vampires in the elevator, but he yearned for this hold.