Dazed:

It was a usual day, breathing and getting my daily lesson on nonchalance. It was a usual day, till she stepped in sight. It was like my sight had been restored. She left as fast as she had appeared, leaving me blind yet again. She might never know how badly I wanted to follow her wherever. Because of her, I might skip my next lesson.

                                   🌌🌌🌌

Natalie sketched down on paper, in her scrap book, patiently and skillfully. The pencil scrapped on and on with light strokes bringing the drawing to life. Her heart lightened up with each intentional line leading up to the creation of her recent masterpiece.  As she drew, she thought about coloring it and the boldening later. She marveled at her improvement.
They were going to love this one. She felt it.

Behind her, a not-so-cheer-full Garf made his way towards her. He had his hands deep in his pockets, shoes dragging on the floor and face as low as his mood. He hated thinking about all the assignments he had with the little time at hand. Teachers could be so demanding at times.
He leant against Natalie's table, giving it a slight push and waited for Natalie's attention. Natalie looked up to find his face not smiley. It needed fixing.

"What's up, grouchy?" She joked.
Garf smirked weakly, "This grouch of a boy is rethinking his choices in studies."
Natalie laughed and set down her pencil. Poor grouchy was at it again.

"Miss Annalise is like that. You should be used to it by now dear." Garf's face saddened. "Fine, I will help you, again." She rolled her eyes.

"Yay! I will help too", Garf grinned and Natalie smiled, glad that he was feeling a bit better.

Then Garf bent down at the table, destructed by the drawing on top of the page. He turned the book to face him, intrigued. He looked at it quietly and placed his hand to his chin.

"Nice, I love it already. Have you had a reference for it?"
"Yes, I borrowed the idea and went on to switch it up in that way. What do you think about the detailing, too much?" Natalie asked while she pulled out the reference photo on one of the pages in a magazine.

Garf looked from the photo to the drawing, once, twice, three times and glanced at Natalie.
"This is brilliant, Natalie" he smiled cutely.
"Aww, thanks Garfield. That means a lot to me."
Natalie pouted her lips as she leaned in forward to look at both drawings.
She really loved that Garf thought it was good.

They were still observing closely, drawn in. Elise had entered the classroom and was marching straight to Natalie's seat. She skipped on, smiling nervously as she neared. When she reached, she pushed Natalie sideways with her hips as she settled down on the seat with her.
Both Natalie and Garf were startled.
They looked at Elise who, looked round the class, left and right then looked between them and giggled.

"Oh my God Natalie, your classroom is so scary. I had all eyes on me." She squeezed Natalie's arm and shook it crazy.
"I told you. That's why I don't come over to yours, I would freeze."
The two girls laughed at themselves, minding less about Garf who only looked on.

"So, what brings you to this dreadful stare off contest?" Natalie asked curiously.
"I can't seem to find my pen; I think I lost it," then she noticed Garf. "Oh, hi there", she waved at Garf who didn't respond back immediately.

He had been quiet, listening or rather watching a stranger talk. He was intrigued by how she was talking. She shrieked, giggled and laughed all the while emphasizing how she was embarrassed. She kept on talking and talked more, definitely nervous.
Her acknowledgment caught him off guard.

"Oh, hello. How do you do?" His reply was low.
Just then Natalie called out.

"Elise, this is Garfield and Garf, this is Elise."
Garf looked down shyly at Elise and waved. Elise waved back with a smile and then pointed to him. She paused with eyes squinted.
"Garf? Hoh... the coolest boy ever. Right Natalie?" Natalie nodded in confirmation and Garf slightly blushed. He was not in control.

Then Natalie fumbled around in her backpack and got out a pen. "Here you go"
"Thanks, got to go now. See you later dear. Good day, coolest boy." Elise skipped on again, only glancing back to grin at Natalie.
Garf's eyes followed her till she disappeared out the door. He froze there, arms crossed, and neck turned.
Natalie looked at him and smiled, knowingly. She wasn't the only one now.

"You would die telling her?"
Garf turned slowly with a sly smile on his face. He sighed and rubbed his chin,

"Yes, Natalie, I would."

                                  🌌🌌🌌