Chapter 6 The River of Grief

A few stories passed after another attack happened (Referring to the fight between Lynn and his friends and the deceivers) and a few hours earlier, while Lynn and the others returned safely, Jordan Casper, Riley, and the others that she mentioned Glen and Bushin arrived in another cold realm, a lot different from Frost Storm, and Aurora. And the temperature according to Casper is undefined making this planet almost either as cold as the others or colder, but because of Jordan's powers he's able to transfer his energy to Casper. He felt really warm after getting it.

"Thanks man." Replied Casper.

As two friends and one ghost set off on their journey, they've encountered hazard events, like in cold storms they were forced to stay inside caves that are filled with strange kinds of bat species, good thing Riley is able to tame them, despite the first time she discovered them. Next, they have gotten themselves stranded in an icy forest, where Jordan sits on top of the tree branches while reading the journal, without getting caught by Riley since she's the one guiding him now. Then after they got out of the forest, they had to go across a clear and dark river.

Riley told Jordan and Casper what they're looking at in front of them was The River of Grief. She even said she hasn't been there but it's dangerous go on, and not a single drop of water shouldn't be on the skin, it's like acid, only it kills you through the mind. Casper gulped and Jordan shuddered.

Suddenly the pages from the journal are glowing and so did the river. Jordan was amazed by the shining light that came from it, so he opened the Journal and turn the pages to the ones that have the same symbols on Oliver's pages, Glen noticed his book is also glowing, he turned the pages to the chapter named the Spirit Guardians, the info of it has been revealed before Glen's very own eyes, Casper turned to look at it and all of them are just strange looking handwritings.

"What is this?" he asked, "some sort of hieroglyphics?"

"No." answered Glen. "If it is it would be made by Egyptians many years ago, this language system's a lot older than that."

"Makes sense." Said Jordan, "They were written by the Spirit Guardians when Eternal and his children roam around the world before we do. Rumor states that most of them can read that language until it can no longer pass on to the next generation."

And Casper guessed that it's because they all died at Eternal's hands. And he was right. Jordan read the book that says the following sentences.

For who must seek to find answers for the truth, two must follow their journeys with desire, for truth to be revealed there is a hint, one must fall for the other to rise.

Jordan doesn't understand what this means as the pages were torn from the book and Oliver's Journal. Then he saw something in the River of Grief, it told him that everything he needs to know and the pages missing are hidden beneath the water. Jordan insisted to swim down there but Casper forbade him not to.

"Don't" he says, "Riley told us the River of Grief is dangerous to swim on, meaning something bad will happen, you might even die there." And Jordan places his hand on Casper's shoulder, and he said to him "It's alright, I've gone through a lot of ways to die and I'm sure I'll get through this one, but you're coming with me."

Casper gasped after hearing the words that Jordan had told him, this is because he never heard him say that before. It's almost like he's asking for help. "You don't mean that right." Casper asked to make sure Jordan isn't serious about going to the river with him.

"I meant it alright."

Casper jumped and shouted with excitement, it made Jordan chuckle, then Casper gulped, and he said to him calmly "I mean, of course you need my help, that last time you were underwater, you were attacked by a kraken." Before they went underwater Glen promised to stay away from the water and wait here until they got back. And like that, Jordan and Casper dived down and swam.

As two friends continue their search for the missing pages, Riley looks closely at the river flowing while reaching her finger to touch the water when suddenly it can't pass through, Glen was surprised about this, and he asked her why.

She told him that only the living can swim down the river. Riley can't swim on the River of Grief because she's already dead. Waiting for them to come back, Glen walked closely to the river and noticed something lurking below. He saw three black eyes focusing on him and then disappeared once it goes down.

Meanwhile Jordan and Casper kept on searchingfor the missing pages but couldn't find them. Casper a few seconds later foundthe missing piece of the page and showed it to Jordan, only to realize he wentoff again. His best friend tried to hold his breath longer but couldn't, so heswam up. Jordan on the other hand keeps on swimming underwater to look for themissing page, in doing so he starts seeing memories of his past life, and it'shurting. The images he sees and the voices he heard starts to penetrate throughhis mind while slowly killing him internally, then Jordan shed tears for all ofthe good and bad memories that surround him. All of them represent all feelingsfrom joy, and love to fear sadness and anger. He tried to escape them, but it'stoo strong to stop. Suddenly something cleared out the visions he sees, and itsaved his life from the River of Grief.