Chapter 8 Connecting the dots

Sometime later, Terran and Carlisle were planning to bring down the defense systems that was built by Eternal, though while making one they're using different items, Carlisle uses his newly built technology while Terran prepares his own chess board and puts out the pieces.

"What are you doing?" Carlisle asked firmly.

"I was thinking maybe if we try to play for a bit, we just might learn how to infiltrate their base without direct interaction." Terran said in detail as he got that answer from Casper's form of misdirection and magic tricks of his, and Jordan's strategical tactics. Terran placed the pieces on the map the way the soldiers did for planning a war, then he playfully moves each piece. Carlisle assume it's useless until Jordan came by and explained the whole thing.

"So, you happen to be telling me, that our goal is to infiltrate the computer system and shut down the shields, so their defense systems won't block any attack coming in the way."

"Yup" Terran said with a nod. Jordan was surprised he figured out, although it is not long after he asked how to get to the computer system. That is when Carlisle noticed something very peculiar about the map. It's all full of pipes. Carlisle cleared out the pieces and realized it was a pipe map that can lead them through Eternal's ship to the computer system.

"Where'd you get this?" Carlisle surprisingly asked.

"I got that map from the kids who broke into your team's ship." Terran replied to Carlisle then turns to Jordan "You should really be proud Glen and Alina did good looking for the plans and the pipe map without you and Sid. Strange why a few plans were written in paper"

"Paper?" Muttered Carlisle

"Yeah, for starters, the pipe map, the next one though are drawings of two ships and one tower."

At first Jordan thought Casper was the one who sketched them, but if it was really him, he would've known what they look like without even drawing. It is strange the maps were sketched. He didn't mind and he just walked away. Jordan and Carlisle didn't get a chance to thank him though.

"Does always he turn away from you."

Jordan said no with his head shaking and told him that Terran had a tough time before, and mostly doesn't like to talk about it. So, Carlisle decides to talk with him for a while. But before he could even take a step, Jordan asked "Hey Carlisle."

"Yeah?"

"I'm still confused though, why are you helping?"

And Carlisle said with a smile "I had a change of heart from your young student... Helped me realize I have a choice to make."

This is the moment when Jordan slightly smiled learning that Glen did that, he really is proud of him, but he can't show it to him.

When Jordan ran on his way to meet his sister Emily and his mom Carla, he was surprised to see an air force teammate of his sister's named Cole Arlo. A tall boy with Black and Teal Jacket, White faded hair, and ruby pupils. Cole was also surprised to see Jordan as he stood right in front of him.

"So, this your brother you're talking about?" Cole asked to Emily.

"Yeah." She replied, "You seemed so keen to meet him."

Cole and Jordan shook hands and greeted each other in a friendly manner. However, Jordan doesn't like Cole as much as Emily thought he would since Cole sometimes flirts with her. (Usually, he's very suspicious to other boys) Despite all that, Jordan and Cole became friends after all.

Jordan asked Emily how their niece has been doing, and she told him she was just doing fine. Ellen came out and immediately she ran to Jordan and hugged him, this made him fall on the snow. Emily can tell she's so happy to see him. Because Jordan came to see his sister, Emily asked why he came. Jordan answered.

"I just want to know if you and Mom okay."

"Of course, we are, why wouldn't we be."

"Black Heart." He spoke. "I saw visions of him going to kill you, I thought it was something that will happen, but I don't know why, it just got into my head." Emily was surprised that he mentioned Black Heart, yet she didn't know who he is until she saw through her brother's mind.

"You and Apollo were there, when you fought him." She said in shock. "Follow me I'm sure mom knows this." Jordan slowly picks himself up and takes his steps, looking back he sees Ellen's worried look on her face Jordan told her calmly,

"It's ok Ellen. It's nothing scary" Ellen holds his hand so she can walk with him but in doing so she couldn't let go.

Jordan and Emily went inside the archives room with their mom to ask something about Black Heart if they know, but Carla spilled her tea out of shock and told them not to speak of his name. Jordan and Emily's eyes completely widen up. Their mom must've known him for a long time which is really unfortunate, even though Carlisle had told Jordan everything he knew about him there is more tales about him than that First him, and now Carla. It is strange how they know him, and the rest didn't although Emily is right when she said that their mom knows him. Carla decided to call that off since she doesn't want to talk about it, but she said to them calmly and a bit nervously.

"How about later when you're ready. It's just I had a lot going on in my mind right now."

While Emily walked away, Jordan took a minute to look back at his mom who also struggles recovering from Apollo's death. This helps Jordan understand that he's not the only one hurt. Jordan walked back to his mom slowly, and sat next to her, comforting her to help her recover from the scars that were shown Emily looked back and did the same for them both. In doing so he discovered the photo she carried with her. A photo of her, Jordan's dad Hoku, and another boy with Light Blue eyes beside him. "Who is he" Jordan asked calmly.

"You're first brother." She cried quietly. "Cedric." As she mentioned the name of the boy in the picture, Jordan realized why Carla was heartbroken, the photo she showed him is the one she took before they died. Jordan and Emily weren't in it because that photo existed a long time ago.

"During the day that we lost him." Explained Carla. "Your big brother Apollo loves him so much that seeing him die broke his heart Then as the years go by, that's when you were born. He got angry and lashed his emotions out at you, since the moment you looked at him in his eyes." Jordan's mind not only exploded in his thoughts, but also his heart made him feel hurt knowing that Apollo once had a brother whom he lost before. Then Carla finished calmly. "I lost my boys, back then. I'm afraid I would lose you two."

And with that Emily began shedding tears as they came out of her eyes, and she hugged her as she promised her that she won't ever again. And it makes Jordan saddened by her past life. He joined in and hugged them both.