- What if #1 -

Welcome to the first what if of the Roses and Novels stories.

This is a spin-off with another ending to the story, ENJOY!

*Spice alert*

What if? Helena decided something else in chapter 63...

After her conversation with Sebastian in feldcroft she was on her way to Gaunt Manor to tell Ominis she was going to choose Sebastian instead of him. But what if, she was scared of Sebastian his proposal idea, and she was thinking of making another choice...

(Helena perspective)
I nervously stepped through the gate of Gaunt Manor to look for Ominis.

I had to do this today... Before my date with Sebastian, Before we would start over after everything. My fingers fidgeted with the others as I set a few steps into the manor, and I started to check every room for Ominis.

He wasn't in the study, living room, bar, kitchen, dining room, front yard, or backyard. I searched in his room, in mine or Sebastian room... But he wasn't there either. I sat on Sebastian's bed and looked down at my feet. *What am I doing... Why am I doing this... Why is this so fucking hard*

The drawer of Sebastian's nightstand was a bit open and I saw a glimmer of a photo in there. I took it out, but it wasn't just one, it were a couple photo's.

The first one was a picture of him and Anne in their home. The second one was one from him and Ominis in Hogwarts. The third was one from me and him sitting on a broom. And the last one was a picture of me, Ominis and Sebastian laying in the flower fields behind Hogwarts.

I was holding both of their hands as we smiled to Anne, who took the picture. This was the first time I saw this photo... and I took a closer look at it.

Sebastian his mouth is smiling, but his eyes... they were different. They were full of disgust, jealousy and anger as he looked to his right at me and Ominis. And then I looked at Ominis who had a kind of twinkle in his eyes as he smiled.

My eyes darted down to our hands where Sebastian was holding me tight like he was scared of letting go. And to Ominis where our fingers were gently intertwined with the other.

I put the photo's back in his drawer and stood up as I dusted my pants.

There was one place left where Ominis could be... So I went to the Rosarium.

I opened the door to the Rosarium and there he was.
Sitting on the bench with tears in his eyes and my yellow gift box in his hands.

*Shit*

He noticed that I was there and quickly removed the tears from his eyes as he stood up, ''Helena... You're here.'' I saw his unsteady hands as he sat the gift box down.

''You weren't supposed to see that, Ominis...'' I said with a worried voice.

He looked up at me ''it's too late. I did, and I saw the vials in the pensive...''

I took some steps toward him. ''I'm sorry you had to witness that...''

He sighed, ''I'm not sure how to feel about it... It makes me insecure. If I were with you and Sebastian, I always hear your voices, I couldn't see the expressions on your faces. I never felt it, I never noticed how deeply you two cared about the other. And I'm feeling so stupid at the moment, because I should have noticed. My damaged brain couldn't fit the pieces of the puzzle that were there all along. In all these times, Sebastian hurt you or pushed you away, I made him a villain in our story. And I shouldn't have done that... If I had asked more, I would have listened more to your stories about him... I would have known that he was damaged too. He was fighting his own wars and feelings, and now that I have seen these memories...''