🥀 - Chapter 18 -🌹

(Helena's perspective)
After my last encounter with Ominis in the potions classroom we didn't speak about our situation or feelings. We went to classes, laughed with our friends and pretended like nothing had happend in the summer between us. Garreth came to me every day to hear me out and if i had spoken to Ominis.. but the answer was always no.

It was mid-September and Ominis and I had received a letter from Anne.
She was eager to see us and decided to invite us to her Uncle Solomon's house.

When i arrived at the bridge i saw his beautiful hair shining in the light, and his warm brown summer skin. I just couldn't help it but stare at his handsome face but reminded myself of the awkward situation between us.

So i just greeted him with a casual greeting ''Hey Ominis, i'm here, let's go to Anne''.

(Ominis Perspective)
I had waited for Helena to arrive at the bridge, i was sitting in the sunlight and enjoyed the whistling of the birds in the trees and towers. I was still waiting for her answer about us, and i was very patient with her. After days of pretending i had hope she would talk about it on our trip to Anne.

And all she said to me was ''Hey Ominis, i'm here, let's go to Anne''.

We had to walk for a bit before we could apparate.
I stood up and walked with her past the bridge into the forest, my mind was driving me insane.

*Hey Ominis... Hey Ominis... Hey Ominis... Merlin Helena what a casual way of saying hi.. As if the last few weeks had meant nothing to her. Had she forgotten what i told her? Didn't she feel the same after all? Was she mad at me, again? Maybe she's wating for me to speak about it..*

I decided to gather all my courage and stopped walking.

''Helena, do you have a moment? I need to talk to you!''.

''Helena.. What's going on between us? We were so close as friends. And now your acting very distant to me.. since our summer weeks togheter.. I'm still your best friend, talk to me''.

I felt her presence close yet she felt so far away from me.
I wanted to take her hand but she took a step back.

''You want to know what's going on?''

''Yes enlighten me'' i said as i put my hands in my pocket.

"You told me that i should be with other people, meet other man,
experience more.. because you would be my last and only love. Right?"

"yes i can confirm that. I did say that to you.
And that offer stil counts if you want that" i said as i crossed my arms.

"Then enlighten me, Ominis. Why did it bother you so much that i was with Evan?
You told me to do it in the first place.. i'm a little bit confused"

"I was scared Lena, scared of losing you to him your god forsaken soulmate. That bond between you two is more pure than my love can ever be. And everytime i think i'm getting closer, something happens between us and i have to step back and get my distance.

I am a very patient man, and yes, if you want to see other people you can.
but that doesn't mean that i'm not hurt.. I'm waiting for you my love"

The forest became very silent, not even the birds were chirping or singing.

I felt her move forward and she grabbed my hands with her cold ones.

''What if i don't want that?''.

My heart felt like it was moving an inch.

''You don't want me to wait for you?''.

She held my hands tighter.