CHAPTER - 10

"what's all this?" Aria asked , standing at the door of cafe, looking totally unsure about how the cafe was looking dark except where Aarav was standing.

It was getting dark earlier than usual due to the clouds. So Aarav couldn't notice the expressions of Aria properly but by now he could tell about how Aria was feeling by even hearing her voice.

Aarav understood that the introvert side of Aria was kind of anxious and he immediately went to soothe her.

He went near her and held her hands firmly, showing assurity to her.

"Will you ask everything standing in the door? Please come." He said and pulled her lightly towards the decorated table.

As any person with common sense would have understood, Aria got it too. She had guessed it must be a surprise birthday party. Only one thing she was hoping for absolutely NO GUEST.

She wouldn't mind the party. She was just afraid of  many people wishing her and singing her birthday song and she had to reply to all of them with a big thankful smile. Only thinking of it made Aria tired mentally. So It was a No No for her.

Sometimes she really wanted to be like Aarav. How he blended with people around him, immediately. How he loved to talk with everyone. How he genuinely enjoyed being with everyone.

Though Aria was praying for no guests, almost 50 guests were present there at the time. Aarav wanted to propose to Aria in front of the world like a grand proposal he often watched on social media .

But he knew Aria would not be comfortable so he just dropped the plan. Still He wanted at least all their friends to be a part of his special day. Young hearts in love!

The only regret Aarav had was not having his parents there. His upbringing was done in a really traditional house with all traditional values. He couldn't even imagine telling his parents about how he had decided his life partner on his own . Especially his father was very perticular about all the traditions. Aarav was still afraid of his father, like most of the Asian kids.

He wouldn't dare to go against him even in his dreams.  Of course Aria was a great girl but she was not from his caste or religion. Not even from his country. He didn't know how his parents would react? Even he never thought that he would ever do anything without the knowledge of his parents.

He couldn't help it though. He fell in love with Aria  harder, even before he could stop himself. He also didn't want to lose the opportunity to propose to Aria on her birthday.  Aarav's semester was about to finish and the first thing he wanted was to visit his parents at India with Aria.

For that, he needed to solidify their relationship by making it official. So after many conflicts of his thoughts, he finally decided that it's now or never....

Aarav started to walk towards the centre table with Aria and in the process he by chance stepped on the  foot of one of his friends who was standing in the dark,hiding. He  hissed in pain but stayed silent. Still ,as all best friends are a piece of sh**, that friend punched directly on the downtown of Aarav's body!

Aarav almost cursed and couldn't help whispering in pain,"Hey, I am still a virgin!"

"Why are you saying that to me right now?" Aria perplexed.

"He he, well that's one of my qualities if you need to consider. He he! " Aarav fake laughed and Aria looked at him with an unamused face.

Aarav sighed and continued to walk. When he finally reached the centre part( which was only 15 steps away by the way!), he made Aria stand near the decorated table.
Aarav tried to walk back dramatically just to add effect in the scene but fell down in a most horrible way.