CHAPTER-17

Aria was still walking in a random direction. She was constantly crying and nobody had noticed it yet. He long hoodie was covering half of his face and the dark evening helped no further.

She was on a highway now and the frequency of the vehicles was little on that part of the town.

So I am all alone now..

My parents, Aarav... Everyone is gone..

Alone..

Alone...

But how would I live now? I can't do this.. I can't..

No-one... I have no -one..

I am just....Alone ..

Nobody whom I love is with me now..

Nobody who loves me is with me now..

All.... Alone...

No-one...

Alone...

For whom should I stay??

What will I do?

Aria cried even harder.

She suddenly got a call and she quickly pulled the phone out, hoping it was from Aarav.

She got disappointed because it wasn't. Naina aunty was calling. She didn't take the call and it got cut.

Almost immediately after it , she got a text message from her.

Where are you Aria?? I am waiting for you in the cafe. It said.

Aria looked at the phone. She felt nothing.

Aria , please reply. I am getting worried.

Despite the mental phase Aria was,she felt bad for making Naina aunty worry. So she decided to reply.

She stopped for a few seconds to think and then typed.

Aunty, I am going with Mark on a holiday as my exam is over today. Don't wait for me, I won't be here until the next semester starts. I might change my number too so don't worry if my number is not reachable.

She got a quick reply as if Naina aunty
was waiting for her reply desperately.

Really?? Oh... Okay. I'll fetch my clothes from your home and will go back to mine then. Collect the keys from me once you come back.

And have fun I guess!Didn't know you and Mark are close friends now. Anyways enjoy , take care and give me your new number when you get it. I'll give it to Aarav when he'll be able to contact us.

Aria read the last line for a few seconds and scoffed.

She still believes Aarav will be back..Aria thought and got chocked on emotions. When she didn't reply she got another text from Naina aunty.

Are you okay Aria?? Please call me.. I want to hear your voice..

Aria read it and got alarmed..

I can't let her hear my voice, she thought.

I am doing great aunty! Very excited for the trip !My phone is about to go dead so I can't call you. I'll do it when I
Can.. you take care. See ya.

She texted and got a reply instantly.

You take care too dear. I'll wait for your call.

Aria read it but couldn't recognise the love, the care ,behind those words with her foggy mind. She mindlessly started to walk again.