CHAPTER -8

Aria was surprised by herself when she asked Aarav to be her friend. Although, she didn't regret it a bit.

Four hours passed in a bink of an eye. Aarav and Aria talked about their interests, likes and dislikes, parents, future plans,everything. For Aria it was so easy and refreshing to talk to Aarav and for Aarav, well, he felt like he could listen to Aria's melodic voice for hours.

Finally Aarav got a call for some important work and they had to cut the conversation. No, it wasn't love at first sight but it was definitely an undeniable warmth inside each's heart.

They were bidding good byes and exchanging numbers when someone bumped into Aarav.

"I am so sorry! " Mark said and looked at Aria. He looked like he was  disappointed with her. Though, he never said a word and just moved ahead. Aria was too happy in her newly found- after centuries-comfortable-ONE AND ONLY existing at current time - friendship to notice anything.

That night neither Aria nor Aarav slept. In spite of talking for hours at the cafe, they kept chatting for almost the whole night.

Must be nice to have someone to talk with, without caring about time, place or topic.

Must feel nice to have someone who listens to your talks with all ears, even if it's on the most useless matter.

Must be great to express yourself in front of the person who will never judge you.

Must be peaceful to have someone with whom, you... Just can be....YOU!

Aria was feeling the same.

Aarav blended in her life the oxygen she was breathing. He was--

★Her best friend fulfilling every friendship goal

★ Her partner in crime when she wanted to secure the best concert tickets using multiple devices.

★  Her companion whenever she wanted to go shopping,even it was only for the tinnie minnie lip balm.

★Her researcher on finding the best quality flute.

Yes, apart from guitar, Aria liked to play flute. Aarav almost fell for her when he listened her first time, playing the flute.

★  He was her to the go audience whenever she tried a new melody

★  He was her parents' favourite

★  Whenever he came to pick Aria,even her bitchy neighbour often greeted Aarav, THAT TOO WITH A SMILE (??!!!??)

★  He was THE best cook.

★  He was Aria's Genie for anything and everything..

But most of all..

Aarav was Aria's comfort.

Her peace.

"Her..."

Days passed by and both of them just fitted in eachother's soul. Aarav's friends often complained about how he was now spending less time with them but still they were happy about Aarav's happiness. Mark often observed them with bitterness but never tried to interrupt.

It was Aria's birthday on that day and Aarav and Aria's parents had made the plan to surprise Aaria. According to the plan, Aarav and Aria's parents would meet her at Naina aunty's cafe , after ignoring her whole day.

Aria was not a fan of celebrating birthdays that much but she was kind of stubborn when she needed her parents' attention. Now, Aarav was on that list too.

So when none of them met Aria since  the morning, she was kind of pissed. Mark wished her with a beautiful diary, specially customised with the notation of the song Aria sung at the university festival, on the cover page.

Aria accepted it with genuine happiness still her heart couldn't help but to miss Aarav at that moment.

So when at almost 4 o'clock Aarav asked  her to come to the cafe, in spite of being mad at Aarav, she couldn't deny it.
_______________________________________

"Yes mam, everything is done. The decoration, the cake and.. the ring." Aarav said while looking at Naina aunty with a too wide and happy smile who smiled too while showing thumbs up with both hands.

"Well, I guess you should start calling me mom then!" Aria's mother, Mrs.Smith replied and Aria's father laughed as well as Aarav.

"Yes, of course!" Aarav said.

"But Aarav, call me dad please or papa or even What you guys say in Hindi, aah yes! Pitaji .. call me whatever, just don't call me... Daddy.

Your generation has just ruined that word badly. " Mr.Smith said with a frown on his face but Aarav and Mrs.Smith laughed till their stomach started to hurt.

"Ok done! Once Aria accepts my proposal, I will call you guys whatever you like." Aarav replied,still smiling.

"What about your parents Aarav?" Mrs.Smith asked softly and the smile on Aarav's face faded slowly.

"Mam, As I told you before, my parents are really really strict when it comes to marriage , So I have to go to India for their permission. I can't tell him all this through a phone call. I am planning to take Aria with me and if possible you guys too."

Aarav took a deep breath.

" I know it will be hard but I am sure after meeting Aria, they won't say no. If Aria says yes today, I'll plan the visit this very month. I have not done anything against their wishes till date."

Naina aunty looked at Aarav with little sympathy.

"What if they deny?" Mr.Smith asked seriously and Aarav just stopped for a few seconds before answering.

"They will not. I am sure. Though they are strict, they love me the most. Still,if they deny it " Aarav looked quite determined ,"I promise both of you, I will never leave Aria's hands. I'll choose my happiness this time. Maybe this will be the first and last time, I will not listen to anything..."
_______________________________________

"YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME." Ren shouted making Jihoon and Mrs.brown shiver in their places.

"I AM NOT SENDING KWAN TO HIS FATHER AT ANY COST." Ren yelled but after seeing Kwan peeking from his bedroom door with a frightened face, he immediately lowered his volume and smiled sweetly at Kwan.

Kwan couldn't smile back.

"Find the proofs, we are paying you for what? Find the damn proof before the police get involved and take my Kwan to foster care. Find it and file a case before he does." Ren signalled Kwan to come near him , still having a smile on his face.

Kwan slowly approached Ren.

"Remember, There is no option for you other than winning in this. I will not allow that person to take Kwan away, no matter what" Ren spoke in a slow but threatening voice before cutting the call.

Kwan came near him still being afraid but Ren picked him up gently and started to tickle him until Kwan burst into laughter.

" I love you!" Kwan said and wrapped his chubby little arms around Ren's neck.

Ren kissed Kwan's dimpled pink cheeks very softly.

"Me too." Ren said and started to tickle Kwan again.

************************************
Note:  A child's love can melt even the stone heart .      

         TO BE CONTINUED..