Prologue: Get the ring and test it with your roommate

"Welcome to use the latest product developed by γ Star - the hypnosis ring. The ring is easy to use and has excellent effects. After testing 10,000 samples from various galaxies, the hypnosis success rate can reach 99.9%. In order to collect more data samples for further improvement and optimization by the R&D center, 11,111 rings are now randomly distributed to planets with life in the Milky Way. Congratulations on being selected as the ring owner!"

"You only need to select the target, connect the gold chip of the ring to the target's skin, and use the consciousness to activate the hypnosis function to put the target into a deep hypnotic state. In this state, the user can give any command to the target, and the target will strictly follow the user's command. Actions outside the scope of the command will still be carried out according to the target's original consciousness. If you need to eliminate the hypnotic function and command, you need to release the silver chip on the other side of the ring from the target's skin and use consciousness to transmit the hypnosis command. After leaving, the target will forget what happened in the hypnotic state and resume its normal actions. If the body or behavior of the target is abnormal during hypnosis, the built-in radio waves of the ring will control the target to give a reasonable explanation."

In his dream, a mechanical voice, like an automated customer service representative from a telecom operator, spoke a long string of product introductions and instructions without punctuation or tone. Yan Siyu was so annoyed that he yelled at the black vortex, "Speak human language!"

The female voice obviously did not expect this random user to be so rude. She paused for a few seconds. However, with a good service attitude, she still succinctly summarized her introduction: "In short, you can use this hypnosis ring to hypnotize anyone. When the gold chip is connected, the hypnosis begins, and after it leaves, the hypnosis takes effect. When the silver chip is connected, the hypnosis is eliminated. Everything generated during the hypnosis process will not have any adverse effects on the user. I wish you a pleasant experience!"

After saying this in one breath, the mechanical female voice disappeared, leaving only the half-awake Yan Siyu frowning and muttering to himself: "What the hell... What kind of weird dream did I have..."

But after he finished muttering, when he subconsciously wanted to touch his phone to check the time, he was stunned by the sound of a hard object hitting the phone case.

Wait... something seems to be on my finger...

Yan Siyu suddenly opened his eyes, raised his hand and stared at the exquisite unknown metal ring on his middle finger. There was a small golden chip on one side of the ring's fingertips, and a silver chip on the other side. At this moment, the two chips were flashing a dim light at him...

"...Shit...No way..." He recalled the mechanical female voice that he thought was a dream and the long product introduction that was comparable to the test points of Marxism-Leninism, and was shocked to find that he remembered it clearly without missing a word. He lay in bed for a while, and after he was sure that this was not an ordinary dream, he couldn't help but curse in a low voice: "...Damn it!"

Just as I was feeling upset, I suddenly heard a very faint sound of someone reciting words from under the bed.

"contaminate, contaminate, poison...contaminate...corrode, corrode, destroy...corrode..."

That was his roommate, Li Wenhao. He was average looking, came from an average family, and spent his life studying. There was nothing good about him, and people had no desire to communicate with him. Therefore, the number of words Yan Siyu had spoken to him in the two years since he entered school could be counted on two hands.

Yan Siyu looked around and saw that the other two roommates had gone somewhere. They were nowhere to be seen in the middle of the day. The only person in the dormitory was the country bumpkin who was mumbling about words. The chanting sound made him roll his eyes secretly. He couldn't fall asleep anyway, so he simply got up and got out of bed.