08 - Beer & Blush

Kings POV:

"Yes I understand we are late. No I'm not giving you fucking excuses. Yes, as I said the last 16 times you damn asked me it will be arriving tomorrow."

I slam the phone down on my desk. it would be more satisfying If it was one of those old timer phones my father used to have in here when he was president - but its not so the effect is more stupid the satisfying.

Sighing I run a hand through my overgrown hair. Really fitting the part of biker gang now, my hair used to be cut short but it's now reaching just past my ears.

 Cade really seems to love it at least...

The sound of light laughter reaches my ears through the closed door. Usually doors are never closed around here but that sweet honey smell was really messing with my head.

Just my luck that my Omegas mystery soul mate that broke his heart and left us to mend those broken pieces - also happens to be the rest of my packs sent matched mates. 

Including mine...

Even Hunt wasn't immune this time. Out of all the pack he is the only one not in a relationship with Cade. 

I turn my thoughts back to the screen in front of me. Numbers, numbers, more numbers and a fuck tun of angry emails.

I'm not usually the one to look after all this, after all being president of the club has to have its damn perks but no...

Our numbers guy cleverly named 'numbers' (we aren't known for our creativity) - was fired when it was discovered that he was leaking information to the Poisoned Snakes. 

Now of course that responsibility falls on me.

 I could very well hire someone else to take over Admin and our finances but call me a fucking control freak or even untrusting, but i'm not letting this damn Club fall apart with taking a chance on another Treasurer. 

My father and his father before that, didn't work this place up from the bloody ground for no reason.

I was born and raised to do this and with my Pack at my side: Hunter my Enforcer, Chance my right hand man and vice present, Savage my Road captain and Cade my Tail gunner - everything should be perfect. 

Everything was perfect, "Goddamn it."

I run my hands through my hair again. This isn't getting anything done, my every thought is going back to that delicious young smelling Omega that is currently living in my house. 

The feeling of being out of control leaps at my throat but I swallow it down. I am King, Head Alpha of the Sanchez Pack and President of the Deathly Vows - "I am in control." 

Now to do the thing i've been avoiding and call my other pack mate. My very busy pack mate who I should not need to disturb right now. 

Chance has been on the road for the last two weeks trailing a lead from a missing shipment we had a couple months ago. He is getting so close to the source, following the lead all the way to one of the Poisoned Snakes rather loose lipped members. 

And even though I would never admit it to the other guys in the club, my pack comes first. It's something i've not always believed, but age has given me perspective on where my values should lie.

So, with a reluctant hand I pick up the phone and call my right hand man.

"Yes? This better be important King i'm very busy." His gruff tone is definitely not setting me at ease.

"You fucking know I wouldn't be calling if it wasn't important and anyway last time we called you said all you had to do was tie up the loose ends."

His reply comes back instantly, "Well this might be a bigger deal than we think it is. I think i've found enough evidence to show the Poisoned Snakes were the ones to steal the shipment and plant the rat. You know what this could mean?"