CHAPTER 24: Erico

Violet's POV

"You will start to train." Vincenzo said.

"What? Train? I don't need training." I scowled.

"Violet, you promised. Now quit whining and listen to me. Please flower." He pleaded. I pouted and nodded.

"Fine. If training is what you want then I am fine with it." I replied rolling my eyes. I can't believe I agreed to something like that.

"Great. You will start tomorrow with Erico." He said as Erico entered the room. He stopped dead in his track and looked at us wide eyes.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you are the one that trains our new recruits. You are patient too." Vincenzo said.

"Fine." Erico grumbled. I smiled sheepishly at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Thanks." I said.

"Whatever." He replied.

"He is close off a bit. Don't mind him. You will start tomorrow the trainings and and with Erico, you should be fine." Vincenzo said and I nodded at him.

"It's okay I guess." I replied.

"Great. I have an important meeting. I will be back for dinner." Vincenzo said putting his suite jacket. With a last Glace at me he left.

I sighed. There was nothing to do here. Vincenzo have me my phone back and I was grateful for that. I had hundreds of missed calls and messages, but I wasn't in the mood to open them.

First thing I did was to call my mother. It was been a month since I was 'kidnapped'.

"Violet?" She was surprised.

"Hey mom." I said.

"My little baby! How are you? Where have you been? I asked Carl about you he told me you were traveling." She said.

"Yeah. Tracy and I went to Hawaii. I am fine." I said sighing. "How are you mom?" I asked knowing already her answer.

"Fine darling." She said cheerfully.

"Mom." I sighed.

"Dean is... like usual." She shrugged.

"When will you accept to leave with me mom? It is time you leave that douchebag." I said.

"Honey, you know if I leave, he won't leave us alone. At least now you are living your life." She said.

"Mom, I can get you out and we will be protected. We won't have to live in fear anymore." I tried to convince her.

"I don't know. You know Dean has connections, he will do everything to kill us, if I leave him." She said.

"I will get you out of that life." I said.

"Love you darling." She said.

"Love you too." She shut the phone.

"Why did you have to live in fear before?" I jumped and looked back.

Erico was standing there looking at me with a cold face. He was studying me and I looked at my feet to avert my gaze.

"Speak." Erico snapped and I jumped.

"N—nothing." I stuttered.

"Violet. Speak. What is going on?" He asked with a glare.

"Fine. I will tell you, but Vincenzo shouldn't know for now." I said and he nodded sitting down.

"My stepfather is a drug dealer. He abused me and my mom. He tried to r—rape me and—" I couldn't speak anymore.

"It's okay." Erico looked alarmed when he saw my tears. "I— you don't have to say anything more. I didn't know that this was the case." He said.

"I—It's okay I am fine." I said sniffling.

"I won't tell Vincenzo myself. But he will have to know. I will train you, and apparently your mother needs help. You will help her." He gave me one of his rare small smiles.

"Thank you." I said wiping my tears.

"Tomorrow we start be ready." He stood up and left.

I smiled at Erico's small gesture. Although he was cold from the outside, but from the inside he was a softie.

"Why are you crying V?" Tracy asked sitting next to me.

"I am fine. Erico knew about my stepfather." I said.

"And?" She raised an eyebrow.

"He will help us. I will start training tomorrow with him. I want to help mom to get away from Dean." I said glaring at the wall.

"I am sure that you will. You are strong and you can do it." She encouraged me hugging me. I returned the hug and tightened our hug.

"Thank you for always being there for me Tracy." I said.

"Shut up! You are my sister." She glared playfully.

"Violet, Vincenzo wants to see you in his office." Gio said. I nodded and headed towards Vincenzo's office.

I knocked on the door. I can hear him talking on the phone. I opened the door and walked inside the office. He was standing, his back towards me. I waited for him to finish talking until he notices me.

Once he closed the phone he threw it on the wall. He was talking in an angry Italian tone. The phone shattered and I jumped gasping.

He turned and looked at me.

"Come here." He said. I took slow steps towards him. "Don't worry flower." He sighed. I nodded and quickened my pace.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about that flower." He said pulling me towards him. Our foreheads touched as I gazed into his eyes.

Once his lips touched mine, I closed my eyes. Butterflies erupted inside my stomach and my heart skipped a beat. I put my arms around his neck as I deepened the kiss. Our tongues battled. Once out of breath we pulled apart and he gave me a heart stopping smile.

"I am more than fine now." He winked and I blushed.

"Good." I smirked through my blush.

"How was your day?" He asked taking a seat behind his desk. I turned around to sit on the couch but he pulled me to sit on his lap.

"Stay here with me." He said in my ear.

"Okay." I said. I laid my head on his chest as he started typing in Italian on his laptop. He was tensing but then relaxed when I kissed his jaw.

I sighed closing my eyes, drifting off to sleep, with one though in my head.

What are we now?