CHAPTER 28: Denial

Vincenzo's POV

I don't understand why she is so mad and sad because of me. I literally didn't do anything wrong. What is wrong with her?

"Capo, abbiamo preso il messagero. Lui è nel dungeon." One of my men.
(Boss, we caught the messenger. He is in the dungeon.)

"Buona." I replied getting up.
(Good.)

"Vincenzo we are ready." Erico said as he entered the office along with Gio.

"It has been a while since we tortured someone." I smirked.

"We are going to have some fun." Gio winked and I laughed a wicked laugh.

"Let's go." Erico rolled his eyes.

We walked down to the dungeons, the scent of blood filled my nostrils. I smirked and walked further into the cells. Our shoes clicked on the floor, as our prisoners started screaming. They were cursing at us but it didn't faze us. I don't care about them, not even a bit. All those who are prisoner here, have done wrong.

"F*cking pieces of sh*t." Gio laughed yelling profanities at them, making me laugh.

"Stop playing around Giovanni." Erico smacked him.

"I love seeing them suffering." Gio laughed making me roll my eyes.

"Come on guys we have work to do." I said as we neared the cell.

Our gaurd nodded at us opening the door. In the middle of the room, the man was tied to the chair. He was beaten pretty bad, but not how I liked it. He was missing a finger.

I will make sure he will miss 3 more.

"What an h–honor t–to see THE V–Vincenzo Mercanti." The man laughed, but it was interrupted by his cough.

"Well I guess you had a wish to fulfill before you die." I shrugged giving him my evil stare.

"Why are y–you s–so worked u–up about t–that girl?" He laughed.

"I am not. I don't care about her, but I never let anyone threaten someone I know without punishment." I punched him.

"F–f*uck y–you." He yelled angrily.

"No thank you." I said laughing.

"He will kill her. M–master will k–kill her, whether y–you care a–about her or not." He said.

"Unfortunately you won't be alive to see me kill your Master. That coward is hiding behind this lame name." I said as Erico hit his face on the table in front of him.

"Y–you can't. He i–is more powerful than you t–think." He said his blood covering his face.

"Sadly I will." I said.

Gio cut off a finger and his scream filled the dungeons. I smiled loving the sound of his screams.

"Finish him. I am not in the mood." I said leaving the dungeons.

There is a certain flower that I need to speak to.

Violet's POV

I was laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling. What do I do now? I will ask him to let me leave. I won't run away.

But I really need to finish the trainings I need to save my mom, but I can't tell him.

"Violet!" Vincenzo boomed barging into the room. I fell on the floor from the shock.

"What happened?" I asked standing up.

"We need to talk." He said seriously and I gulped.

What now. I internally rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to talk to you. The only talk we will have is when I want to ask you to let me leave." I said sitting back on the bed.

"What? Leave where? Do you think I will let you leave?" He snapped striding towards me.

"You have to Vincenzo. I am not your prisoner, and certainly not your girlfriend. I am a simple girl living in you mansion for unknown reasons." I snapped back, already fed up of this.

"You will not leave the mansion. I will make sure of it. I already claimed as mine Flower. Do you think I will let you leave so easily Violet? Huh?" His voice was low and deadly. I froze looking into his eyes.

"Yes you will. I don't want to stay here anymore." I yelled standing up and taking a step back.

"What is this Violet? 2 days ago we were fine. You were warming up to me. What happened now?" He glared at me.

"Nothing. I just don't feel comfortable here." I crossed my hands.

"I brought your best friend. I assigned Erico to train you and help you. What else do you want?" He asked frustrated.

"I don't want anything Vincenzo. Leave me alone." I was pushing him out of the room.

"Speak to me Violet please. Please Flower." I closed the door in his face.

I don't want to fall for him. I don't want to have feelings for him. He is a kidnapper and a murderer. I maybe have let my guards down, but not anymore.

I left the room and went to find Tracy. I was energized and hungry. I want to have pancakes.

"Greta where if Tracy?" I asked.

"She went to see sir Gio." She smiled.

"Okay. Can you please make me pancakes?" I asked.

"Sure I will. Just give me few minutes." She smiled and started preparing my pancakes.

"Where are the chefs?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"The boss is having a gathering here tomorrow. They are buying things we might need for it. Do you want anything else other than the pancakes?" She asked.

"No thank you." I say in the tool.

So what if I was angry or mad or sad, a girl got to eat. Plus I am hungry. I won't starve myself for a man.

"Where are you making Greta?" Paolo asked entering the kitchen.

"I am making pancakes for miss Violet." She replied.

"They smell awesome." He said sitting next to me.

"I will make for you too." She said putting two plates next to the stove.

"How are you Paolo?" I asked looking at him.

"I am fine. Doing some research in technology." He started blabbering about things I will never understand. I nodded at him as he spoke. I pretended to be interested, because I don't want to seem rude or hurt his feelings.

"How are you Violet?" He asked once he was done talking.

"I am fine. Never been better." I smiled.

"Good. Is Vincenzo troubling you?"

"Nope he is fine." I shrugged.

He was going to say something but he got interrupted by Vincenzo.

"Don't lie flower." He growled.

"Vincenzo don't start." I snapped.

"I am not saying anything, I am just telling you that you shouldn't lie." He said.

"Leave me alone. I want to eat." I turned to the pancakes.

"We will talk after you eat Violet and I swear to god that it won't be a good talk."