CHAPTER 34: Secret Revealed

Violet's POV

"Speak." I said coldly. Even I was surprised by my tone.

The man started coughing blood. Erico glared at him and slapped him on the back of his head. The man smiled a bloody smiled and looked at me from head to toe.

"Now I know why he wants you." He smirked.

"What do you mean? Who wants her?" Vincenzo growled.

"She knows him very well." He said winking at me. Vincenzo turned towards me and looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Who is he talking about?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said. "Is it Derek?" I asked the man. He started laughing.

"No. N–Not that poor b–boyfriend of y–yours." He said spitting on the floor. "He is S–Serge Strelkov." He smirked.

"Who the fuck is he? I never heard about his name." I snapped at the man. Was he playing with us?

"Come on V–Violet. You live with him for a couple of years." He smirked.

"What?" My eyes widened. "I live with mother and –"

"And your step-dad. Dean. They are the s–same person. Dean is S–Serge is D–Dean." He stuttered unable to speak properly.

My head shot up to Erico. He wasn't smirking anymore. He was looking at me waiting for my reaction. He was the only one who knew about my stepfather.

Vincenzo was looking at me with surprise. I never told him anything about my stepfather. How can I? I was to ashamed to tell him.

"What does he want from me? He already has my mother." I shouted.

"He wants you in the p–place of your m–mother. S–she is sick. She can n–never be of use a–anymore." He smirked.

I walked towards him and punched him. My hand hurt like hell, but the look on his face was worth it.

"I pray that Vincenzo hurts you in way I could never imagine." I said turning around and leaving without looking at anyone. Vincenzo was calling me but I didn't turn back. I can't tell him anything in front of his bodyguards and that useless man.

I went upstairs and bumped into Tracy. My face was red and puffy from all my crying. I wanted to watch Vincenzo abusing that man, but I couldn't stay down there. I couldn't cry in front of that man.

"V are you okay?" Tracy asked worriedly.

"No." I cried hugging her and crying on her shoulder.

"What happened? Tell me." She said wiping my tears.

"Come with me I will tell you everything." I said as we both walked towards my room.

We entered it and I laid on the bed while she sat next to me. I told her everything about that man, and what he told me. She was silent letting me cry my heart out. She knew that I needed to let the tears fall without being questioned. That is why I considered her my sister. Friendships are not defined by the number of years of friendship. It is defined by the connection between the two friends, by the difficult situations they pass by together. I always found Tracy next to me when I crying. She always held me.

"We will get your mom. Don't worry Violet, you have the scariest and strongest mafia boss in the USA and Italy, wrapped around your finger. He will do anything for you. But first you have to tell him everything about Dean, or Serge, I don't know what to call him." She said holding my hands in her.

"I know. I will tell him everything when he comes up." I said and she nodded.

"That is good. You already have Erico training you. He said he will help you and I have a feeling you will be stronger than Vincenzo himself." She joked and I laughed.

"I hope so. I want to destroy him. I want to destroy everyone that stood in the way of my dreams. From Dean to Derek. I hope to destroy the both." I said looking at the mall and thinking about ways to make Vincenzo kill them.

I can never kill them.

I hugged her and buried my face in her chest. She hugged me and soothed me.

"He is here." Tracy said and I looked towards the door. Vincenzo was standing, and not on a wheelchair. He had a cold face and he was tense. His jaw clenching and his white shirt has turned red.

I felt satisfied looking at all the blood on his shirt.

"I will leave you two." She said and got up leaving the room.

Vincenzo just stood there looking at my face. He wasn't confused anymore. He was waiting for answers. And I was ready to answer him.

"Violet." His rich voice engulfed the room and I cried more. I needed him to hug me, but he was far away.

"V–Vin—" I choked. He looked pained and walked towards me fast. He sat on the bed and pulled me to his lap. I circled my hands around his neck and breathed in his scent.

"It is okay flower. Everything will be fine. I just need to know what is going on. I need to know why you are crying so much, please." His voice was softer than before as he held me tightly in his arms.

"7 years ago, when I was 15, my mom married a man, Dean. He was the perfect father figure after my dad's death. He treated us well, until one day, after I turned 16, be became abusive. He abused me and mom every day. He would lock me in my room for days, with only beatings. I never ate for days, and drank from the bathroom sink. My mom's condition was worse. He would rape her and hit her. That was until one day, on my 18th birthday, my mom managed to make me escaped Dean's clutches." I took shaky breath, but didn't dare look at Vincenzo. He was holding me tighter and I knew he was angry.

"Tracy and I had been bestfriends since diapers. Our parents were friends, and we became friends since we were born. She helped through everything, and there was Derek, who I thought was good for me. The moment Derek laid his hand on me I never went back to him again. I cooped with the help of Tracy. She was the only one who knew what happened to me. Derek never knew the real reason for my pain." I said this time looking at his face.

"I am going to fucking kill him." He growled standing up.

"Vincenzo!" I yelled running behind him. How was he walking so easily is beyond me!

He suddenly turned towards me.

"Listen flower. No one dares to lay a fucking hand on what's mine. I will snap his neck. But before that I am going to draw a masterpiece on his fucking body, with my blade. I am going to make him suffer and starve him. I will make him drink blood out of thirst. All lastly I am going to sew his fucking mouth." He said looking into my eyes.

My eyes widened at his threats.

"Okay." I said.

He looked at me with pride and joy.

"Thank you. I won't do it feeling guilty then." He smirked.

He kissed my lips and left the room closing the door with a bang. I heard him calling for Tracy and telling her to stay with me. I smiled at the gesture.

"I take it you told him." She smirked entering the room.

"Yes I did." I said.

"I heard his promise and I am glad that I am on his good side." I smiled.

Me too.