vi

chapter 6
1.5 together
song: eyes without a face - billy idol
tw: violence

"I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a fucking minivan

"I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a fucking minivan. It was a beautiful car."
Ruby exclaimed as the car stopped at a motel.

"This, we can all fit in." Dick answered.

"Yea but the Porsche was way cooler."

Ruby blocked out the rest of the conversation as she stared out the window. The surrounding area was gray and had a hollow vibe to it. The girl hoped they wouldn't stay here for long. Dick went into the reception area as the rest stayed in the car.

When he came back with the keys the five of them quickly made their way to the four connected rooms. Rachel and Ruby would be sharing one. The stairs were creaking and old paint stains littered the walls. Upstairs the five all gathered in one room.

"All right, guys, listen up." Dick started. "We're all in one piece, more or less.We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission critical." he stated as if he were leading some sort of superhero team. Ruby narrowed her eyes.

"Mission critical"?

"Is that some sort of cop thing? Sounds like a cop thing." Gar added.

"I had some combat training when I was younger." Dick said as if that explained his behaviour. Ruby started to get suspicious. He was friends with two superhero's. Dawn and told her about her alter ego Dove. Could it be that he was also one? Nah he would've told them she thought. She dismissed the thought and focussed again. 

"I'm sorry, you were referring to "we"?" Kory questioned Dick.

Ruby grabbed a slice of pizza. It was the greasy kind. She realised she hadn't had something healthy in a couple of days and made a mental note to ask Dick if she could go to a store to buy some fruits later.

"We as of right now are a group of people who share a common enemy."

"Which makes us what?" Kory was still in her purple dress which Ruby found odd. Which also made her think about the clothes she desperate wanted to buy.

After a couple of seconds Dick spoke again. "Let's call it an alliance. One born of mutual need."

"And what is that?" the magenta haired woman questioned again.

"To stay alive. We have no idea how long we
have until they find us."

Ruby nodded. "Sounds pretty solid and clear." she liked the group she was with right now. The worked well together she thoughtZ

"You just said "they." Who are they? What do they want?" Gar asked holding a box of pizza and standing up.

Rachel looked up at him. "We don't know who they are, but they want me."