~No Breaks~

I slid out of his arms and sat on the side of the bed. I sat there as my whole body ached. I walked slowly to one of my drawers to throw on a shirt.

I looked back at Dabi still sound asleep before quietly gathering my feathers and slipping out of the room. Nobody was awake and in the bar yet. I struggled to get my boots on as my legs felt like they were going to fall off. I exited the bar and quietly flew up into the air, luckily not too many people were up in the city. I went high into the sky, letting the cool morning air run through my feathers.

I felt relieved as I flew towards my apartment on the top floor of a skyscraper. The soothing sounds of the morning relaxed me. I finally felt free as I spun in circles. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything.

I entered my apartment through my balcony door. I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked into the mirror, I looked horrible. My hair was all messed up and both sides of my jaw were bruised. I sighed and tried cleaning up a little before heading to my kitchen.

I walked over to my fridge and rummaged through all the drawers to try to find something to eat. I grabbed all of the ingredients that I would need to cook myself scrambled eggs. I grabbed a pan and turned on the stove to start cooking.

It only took a few minutes to cook and I had breakfast in no time. I place my plate on the counter and go to sit on one of my stools. I began to sit down before I felt an uncomfortable pain.

I jumped up from my seat, "Damn it Dabi, you are so fucking annoying."

I groan and stab my food with my fork, annoyed that I have to stand. I shove all of the food in my mouth, acting like I hadn't eaten it in weeks. I was so hungry. I finish all of my food, making my plate look clean. I walk over to the sink and rinse it off, then put it in my dishwasher.

I exhale deeply and pace around my apartment. Not knowing what to do. I try to pick up my apartment a little bit, but I haven't been here in a while. So there was nothing to clean.

I walk towards my couch and sit down. Grabbing my TV remote and flipping on the news channel.

Most of it was boring, talking about the disasters we created a few weeks earlier, the disappearances of many small heroes. None about Woods.

The voices on the TV started to fade as I started to get bored and think. I couldn't get my mind off of Dabi. He was like my strange addiction. His shredded body was stained in my memory. He was all I could think of.

I could feel my face heat up as I tried to get his image out of my head, "What is wrong with you Keigo..." I muttered to myself.

I wanted to go see him, but there was no way he was awake. I also didn't want to deal with him, or everyone else in the league.

I jumped as I heard my phone ring from the counter. I got up from the couch and calmly walked over to the buzzing phone.

I picked it up, and Rumi was calling, "Hey..." I say.

"Hey, Keigo!" Her upbeat voice said, "What are you doing today?"

"Uhhh" I hesitated, not really sure if I was going to do anything today, "I am not doing anything. What's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would want to hang out today. Go to the bar or something like that." She sounded excited.

"Hm, sure. Sounds fun." I needed to go and hang out. It would be better than just staying home, "What time are you thinking?"

"What about eight pm? Let's go to the new bar down by my place. I heard it's good. And, you can bring your partner." She teased.

"Eh, I am not sure he would like to. But I'll see you at around eight." I replied, a little bummed that Dabi couldn't join us.