004: ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙʀɪᴇꜰɪɴɢ 'ᴊᴏʏꜱ'

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

★ ꜱᴀꜱᴋɪᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ★

"It's like Ridoc has adopted you as his newly appointed best friend." Violet jests as we all walk towards the lecture hall for our very first battle brief. Violet's joke earns a few laughs from our little group.

I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't about to pass out from nervousness for our first official class but since Ridoc introducing himself to me at breakfast has definitely lightened the mood.

"Because I have, puffy cheeks is spoken for- sorry guys." Ridoc smoothly answers with a shrug and a lopsided grin as he swings his arm over my shoulders.

"You make it sound like you're planning on marrying her." Rhiannon snorts playfully, a teasing smirk on her perfectly sculpted face.

"Ah, don't spoil my plans." Ridoc playfully nudges Rhiannon with his free elbow, I feel heat rush to my cheeks at the comment despite knowing that he's only being a tease.

"Pretty sure Saskia's brother won't be too thrilled with that." Rhiannon chuckles, amusement twinkling in her dark eyes.

"Oh shit, right. Forgot that beast is related to puffy cheeks." Ridoc curses though his upbeat and playful tone never leaving as he makes no move to pull away before entering the grand classroom.

"He's not that bad?" I weakly defend though even my defense comes out like a question as all four of my friends shoot me a 'you sure about that?' look.

"Besides Xaden, I think your brother is the most intimadating one that is actively out for my blood." Violet sighs in defeat as my sea foam pools glide to her before I swiftly remove myself from Ridoc's side and shuffling over to Violet with open arms.

I pull her into a warm and tight squeeze as she momentarily pauses before accepting the affectionate gesture.

"I promise that I will try keep you safe from my brother... I can't make any promises about Xaden though." I add some light humor which Violet giggles at before we all return to trudging over to battle brief.

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

"Welcome to your first battle brief." Professor Devera announces in an even tone from the recessed floor of the colossal theatre in the early morning, a vivid purple Flame Section patch sewn neatly on her right shoulder precisely matching her short locks.

This is only class held in the circular, tiered room that flexes around the full end of the academic room, and one of just two rooms in the citadel that can accommodate each student.

Every creaky unstable wooden seat is occupied, and the senior third-years stand against the walls behind us, but we all fit. Barely but it works.

Each squad ended up being clustered together so I still haven't gotten the chance to speak with my brother and with each passing second, I feel my nerves skyrocket.