CHAPTER 12: the good life.

TW: MENTION OF DRUGS!!

It had been three weeks since the heist at Gotham Bank, and so far, you were holding up okay as Joker's "girlfriend." Part of this was owed to the fact that these three weeks weren't exactly packed with missions. After all, you and your team only went out for two comparably small robberies. It was originally a little weird to have Joker touch you and put on this lovey-dovey show, but you managed to pull yourself together and play along. It was rather difficult to not get distracted from your goals, since you couldn't deny that you liked his attention. But, you managed, stealing anything he needed and killing anyone he requested.

  In addition to the two robberies, you had been spending a lot of time at Joker's club, The Last Laugh. Since you and him were pretending to be an item, it was only expected that he would drag you to a lot of his deals. You watched each one occur, unflinching as he brutally murdered those he couldn't negotiate with. You didn't have to do much; you were merely a trophy. But, still, every time someone sat down to negotiate, they looked a little more nervous when they saw you. And every time, the anxiety on their faces made you smile.

   After spectating a few deals, Joker encouraged you to do some business of your own at the club. That way, you could do something away from him and away from the team. You'd have something that was uniquely yours.

   Unsure of what business you could possibly do, you settled on selling drugs for insane prices. If your client couldn't meet your standards, you'd simply put a bullet between their eyes. This threat both settled a lot of deals, and took a lot of lives. You were fine with either scenario; money was money, publicity was publicity. And boy, did those murders gain you publicity.

   Now, people began to know you as a shark of sorts. A money-hungry bitch who was just as crazy as her boyfriend. You embraced this reputation, knowing that soon, you wouldn't have to be considered Joker's girlfriend anymore. You could be your own person, while still providing him aid whenever he needed it. After all, how shitty would it be for you to just stop helping when you became famous? After everything Joker had done for you, good-intentioned or not, you owed him your loyalty.

Presently, you were at The Last Laugh, absently sipping a drink in the VIP lounge. You had a deal to make, and you were excitedly awaiting your client. From what you had heard, he was a lower-level villain in the city looking to buy some cocaine. You still felt pretty giddy at having the opportunity to intimidate someone all by yourself, without the help of your mentor.

There was a beaded curtain that separated the VIP lounge from the rest of the club, and it rustled as your client pushed through. You weren't sure of his real name, but he insisted that you call him Sting. You had fought the urge to laugh, since that would prevent him from even coming to you for his drugs. It was for that reason that you also withheld your prices; no sane person would go for them unless they were held at gunpoint.

Sting was a rather short man, yet he was very built as well. He had long, black hair that fell to his shoulders, and tattoos covered both his arms. His shirt looked a little too small for him, a cheap way to accentuate his muscles and appear stronger than he was. Just by that, you could tell he would try to be an alpha male. You were used to that game, and were determined to nip it in the bud so you could either collect your check, or scare the club's patrons with that resounding bang.

"Sting," you greeted pleasantly, smiling up at him from your seat. You gestured to the seat across from you before folding your hands on the table before you. "Please, have a seat."

You could tell he was trying not to appear scared as he sat down, but the fact he was even trying at all proved that he was. After all, the news was reporting you more and more, and your cash reward kept climbing with every murder you committed. It was now at five hundred thousand dollars, when it had started at fifty thousand. You were determined to get it higher.