T W E N T Y N I N E

Jisung rushed over to the park they were supposed to meet at as soon as he could. He hated keeping her waited but something important came up last minute. He had a huge smile on his face, a small bouquet of pink flowers in his hands as he reached the spot.

The girl was nowhere to be found. He thought that maybe she went to do something else while waiting and called her phone number.

Jisung waited for the line to connect before speaking up. "Darling? I'm here, where are you?"

He was surprised when a familiar voice spoke, and it wasn't Naeun's. "Who the fuck is this?"

The boy could hear muffled screaming and crying on the other end, and his heart dropped all the way to his stomach. "Where is Naeun? What did you do to her?" He spoke, his distress evident in his voice.

Jisung could hear the smirk in the latter's voice as he responded, the muffled crying not stopping one bit. "Ah, your little darling?" He snickered. "Don't worry about her, she's having the time of her life."

And then the call ended. Jisung was fuming, his knuckles turning white from how hard he was clenching his fists. The veins on his neck and forehead were bulging out as sweat ran down his face. He tried to calm himself down, to think rationally and figure out how to help her.

He paced back and forth, pulling on his hair as he racked his brain for any ideas. He hated it. The boy always had a fishy feeling of Daehan, but Naeun seemed to trust him so he pushed it aside. And the thought of someone she trusted so much hurting her fueled Jisung's anger even more.

And then a thought came to his mind. He immediately took his phone out of his pocket, fumbling around until he found the Snapchat on.

She always has her Snap location on... He thought in his head as he went to go check. And to his relief, it was. He wasted no time in putting the location into Google maps and running as fast as he could. 

Jisung tried to keep his emotions in check as he ran. His legs were hurting but he didn't care. Naeun's wellbeing was more important to him.

He reached the address, and it was an apartment building. He cursed in his mind, trying to figure out a way to find the apartment number. He looked at all of the windows, trying to get a sign. He felt utterly hopeless.

He walked inside the apartment building and saw a frail old lady by the elevators. He rushed over to her in a panic. "Excuse me? Do you know a guy named Kim Daehan?"

"Daehan?" The old lady spoke. "I know him."

Jisung felt a spark of hope as he continued speaking. "Do you know what his apartment number is, ma'am?"

 "He lives on the first floor, number 127. Are you his friend?"

"Something like that," he lied. "Thank you, ma'am," he bowed respectfully before dashing down the hallway. 

He walked down the corridors until he finally reached the room numbered '127'. The boy knocked, trying to play it cool. He heard footsteps coming towards the door and he blocked the peephole.

"Who is it?" The voice from inside asked. Jisung took a deep breath before speaking.

"I've got a package for Kim Daehan," he spoke, deepening his voice.

"Package? I didn't order no package."

"It says here that it was a gift, sir," he replied. The door opened, and Daehan wasn't met by a package, but a punch strait to the jaw.

"What the fu-" He didn't even have time to process it when Jisung's foot landed hard right into his abdomen. Daehan stumbled back onto the floor, gripping onto a table ledge to support himself. The kick had knocked the air out of his lungs, and before he could get up, Jisung was already running down to the bedroom.

Jisung saw the cracked open door and hurried inside, his heart breaking at the sight. There Naeun was, laying on the bed, completely naked and her clothes torn on the ground. She appeared to be passed out, a piece of cloth, covering her mouth. Jisung could smell the stench from the cloth all the way from the door

He walked over to her quickly, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around her body, making sure to look as less as possible. He heard footsteps coming toward the room and knew he had to act quick.

Daehan lived on the first floor, so the two could easily escape through the window. He cradled the girl in his arms and opened the window, easily climbing out.

Jisung spotted a bench that was a good distance away from the apartment and instantly ran to it. It was secluded, covered by bushes and trees.

He sat down with Naeun in his lap, still passed out. This was the most worried he's ever been for the girl. He took out his phone, calling up Juri.

"Yo yo," her voice was heard on the other end as the line connected.

"I'm going to send you an address, come as fast as you can," he said, his voice frantic.

"Wait what? What happened?"

"I'll explain once you get here. But hurry, something happened to Naeun."