Chapter 13 ~Calm~

They continued their walk back to Baji's house, him holding the bag of their food.

"I can carry the bag the rest of the way. You've held it for a good while now." She said, reaching over to take the bags from him.

He held the bag away from her so she could reach it. "It's fine, I'll carry it." He said, looking up at the sky.

She didn't fight him on it and just let him hold the bag. They were both just enjoying the silence, baji looked up to the sky.

"You know, when I'm with you, I feel so calm." He said quietly and continued to look up at the sky as they walked.

The (h/c)-ettes voice was stuck in her throat, not knowing what to say. After a couple of seconds, she finally said something.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking over to him, watching him just look up at the sky.

"Dunno, never mind, it's stupid." He said with a chuckle, giving the girl a little nudge.

The long-haired boy didn't know why, but he always did. It was just everything about her that made him feel calm. Not one thing in particular.

The silence was back again, not that they minded. Baji reached into the bag, pulling put a packet of crisp for the girl, handing it to her.

She took it and looked back at him. "We need to eat something proper before we start eating all that junk." She lectured.

"It it proper food, it made from potatoes." He said, sounding really confident in his answer.

"Mm-hm." She said, rolling her eyes and opening the packet, eating a crisp. He pulled out a packet for himself and started to eat them, too.

"Jeez, you sound like a horse when you chew." She said, scrunching her nose at him. He gave her another little nudge.

"Whatever." He said with a small smile as they continued to walk, no talking needed just enjoying eachothers company.

When they had finally reached Baji's house, he opened the door for her, holding it open, waiting for her to go inside.

"Are your parents home...?" The (h/c)-ette asked quietly, peaking her head in.

"No, my mam should still be in work." He said, putting his hand on her power back, gentally pushing the girl in.

She stepped into his house again for the second time today. Baji came in after and closed the door behind him, putting the bag down on the table and taking everything out.

Y/n stood there awkwardly, not really knowing what she should be doing right now.

Baji got the yakisoba and started to make it while the girl sat down on the chair at the table watching him as he cooked it.

When he was done, he grabbed two pairs of shop sticks for them and nodded his head for her to follow.

She got up, following him out of the apartment, outside. He sat out on the steps, and she joined him.

"It's too nice of a night to eat inside." He said quietly, looking up at the sky.

The (h/c)ette couldn't help but let a small smile form across my face. "Yeah, it really is.." I looked up to the sky when he handed me a pair of chop sticks as I began to share the yakisoba.

The two didn't talk much as they ate, just enjoying eachothers presence there. Sharing their food.

Y/n didn't need to talk when she was with him. She felt that they could hang out for hours, not needing to say a single word.

I guess that's what she liked about him. He was easy to get along with. Contrary to what people do say about him, he's actually really nice.

When they had finished their food, he stood up and went back inside to put their rubbish away. "Back in a minute." He said, entering his apartment.

She took outside, getting up and leaning against the railing, looking up at the sky.

She heard some footsteps coming up the stairs and turned to look at who was coming up them.

Seeing a slim, woman with black hair. The woman makes eye contact with y/n, then gives her a small polite smile before walking past her.

The (h/c)-ette watched as the woman then pulled some keys out of her pocket and headed towards Bajis apartment. Then, pausing when the woman noticed the door was unlocked and just walked in.

She stared at the now closed door, frozen. Her eyes were wide when she realised that that woman was Baji's Mam.

The girl then realised that he probably wasn't going to be back out for tonight since it was pretty late.

She then leaned off the wall and made her way to the stairs to leave the apartment building.

She got to the bottom of the stairs, looking back at the building before continuing to make her way home.

"Oi!" An annoyed voice called from behind her. She turned her head, seeing Baji walking towards her.

He had changed out of his school uniform into just some casual clothes, his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

"Oh, hey, I didn't think you'd be coming back outside." She said with a small shrug.

"I was obviously coming back out, I'm not going to let you walk home alone." He said, stopping in front of her, his tone was a little offered too.

"Well, I thought your Mam would've made you stay inside since it's late." She said it was nice, the way he never let her walk home alone, it was kind. She thought.

"My Mam would kill me if she ever heard a let one of my friends walk home alone." He said and started walking and followed.

That was not a good idea, following him. Because he couldn't remember where her house was, and she had to keep correcting his directions.