(17) i think he knows

CW: dom!chloe, inappropriate use of chess pieces, masturbation, unprotected sex

Idk if some of y'all remember Linda Hamilton in Terminator II doing the pull-ups? That was my "oh, I am definitely bisexual" moment. Anyway, part of this chapter is a reference to that.

please please vote and comment

spencer.

When I wake up the next morning, the bed is empty.

And cold.

My heart pounds and I clamor to my feet as fear floods my veins like ice water.

I go to reach for my gun, but I don't want to scare her if she's coming back from the bathroom or something. Normally, I wouldn't have had that impulse. Maybe Hotch is right. I'm too close to this. Not that my job is objective, I have my biases and, obviously, I'm not going to be neutral on a serial killer, but being this involved puts me at a disadvantage.

I swallow, my throat a desert.

"Chloe?"

I open the door, poking my head outside and hear music. It's not so loud that it woke me up, but it's noticeable. I smell freshly baked muffins and my stomach snarls, but I ignore it.

"Chloe?"

As I walk into the living room, rubbing my blurry eyes, I hear grunting.

What is she doing?

When I reach the entrance, I see Chloe in nothing but a white tank top and a pair of grey sweats.

She's doing pull ups on a chin-up bar that's clinging to the kitchen doorframe.

My girlfriend is doing pull-ups. Dozens of them. She has her back to me, her phone blaring music. Sweat glistens on her skin and I watch the muscles in her back ripple, my cock slowly swelling. I like a woman who looks like she can push me around.

Maybe slap me and choke me a little, too.

I think about last night, and the way she pushed me up against the door, jerking me off slowly. She was going to take her time with me.

I blink, pulling myself back to the present, fully hard now as I watch her move up and down with ease. She said working at the club and pole dancing was really toning her up. It shows. I can't even do one pull-up, and I've been trying to work out more regularly.

I'd really like to mitigate some of the side effects of aging and the muscle loss that comes with it. I'd also just like to improve my cardiovascular health. I've been trying to run, even though I hated it at first. Sometimes late at night to clear my head. I'm slower than I'd like to be, but I've found a pace that's meditative. One foot in front of the other, just you and the pavement, your heartbeat, and your breath. My running gear is secretly tucked into my go bag so that I can go while we're on cases.