Pinky promise

The rest of the day was filled with useless information Been told me. Why can't Fizzy just be nice and wholesome like the other shopkeepers? We went to all of the other stores in the town before Been dismissed me from the tour. I walked home, but I couldn't get Fizzys words out of my head. What if what she said is true? I chuckle, it can't be. I mean, why should I even trust her? I just met her literally last night. I enter my house and look around, the furniture that came with the house was bland, and there wasn't a lot of it either. Been said there was a furniture store on the other side of town right? I don't know, I was zoned out for most of the sad tour they made me go on. My stomach growls, I knew I don't have any food in this place. I sigh out of frustration and leave my house again. I walk past the catnip store, I glance in the window at Fizzy, she was busy dealing with a customer. I scoff and roll my eyes, walking more steadily now. Been suddenly appears in front of me, stopping me dead in my tracks.

"Hey there friend!" Been holds up and paw for a high-five.

"Hello, Been," I grumble, declining the request for a high-five.

"I know why you're here, you found out that you don't have any food! Was I correct?" Been questions, tilting Beens head.

I sigh, "yes."

"Well great!" Been smiles and jumps, "but unfortunately you don't have any money."

"So where do I get a job."

"Right over here!" Been pushes me inside the catnip store.

I start to push back against Been, I don't want to work with the person I'm trying to avoid! "I am NOT working with her!" I whisper, pointing to Fizz.

"Do you want money or not?" Been continues to push me forward. Been finally stops pushing when I'm in front of Fizzy, then Been pats my head, "here you go Fizzy! I found you a co worker!" Been giggles and gives two thumbs up. They then quickly disappears after that, leaving just me, Fizzy, and a few cats browsing in the store.

She leans on the counter, "you look like a mess. I would treat you to a meal but I'm not feeling nice today," She smirks.

I smile, "thank you," I roll my eyes, frowning afterward.

"Why are you standing there? Go restock the shelves," she orders, pointing to an unopened box of catnip.

My tail twitches but I do as she says, I grab the box and rip it open, grabbing a few bottles and putting them on shelves. "I haven't eaten anything since I got here, you know," I tell her.

She shrugs, "I figured. You know, at the party last night they had free snacks. So whose fault is that huh?" She gives me a cocky smile, while raising an eyebrow at me.

My eye twitches, "why can't you be nice and wholesome like everyone else?!" I clench my fists.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you forget our entire conversation?" she scowls, "you just don't understand the situation! I would tell you that your life is on the line but you wouldn't believe me, would you? In fact, me telling you about Been is risky because I don't know if you're a tattletale or not!"

"Oh you're right, I should go tell Been so you stop bugging me about a problem that doesn't exist!" I shout, throwing my arms in the air, making everyone in the store to look at me.

"You idiot!" She grabs my neck scruff and pulls me down below the counter.

"Ouch!" I yelp.

"Quiet, nobody else can know about this! How do you not understand that?!" She pleads.

I give up, I'll help her with her stupid thing. Besides this place has already gotten boring after a day. I sigh, "fine, I'll help you."

"You're not just saying that to get me to shut up right?" She asks.

"Yeah I uh...pinky promise," I hold out my pinky.

"What?"

"Do you seriously not know what a pinky promise is?" I gasp, "just lock your pinky with mine, it means nobody can go back on the deal."

She does as I say, locking our pinkys together and shaking. "I guess we should go to my house. It's 'Been proof' and nobody will be able to hear us," she orders me. Fizzy stands up and walks to the window, flipping the sign saying 'out to lunch'. "Come on, we don't have all day!" She leaves the shop, I follow close behind. 

"H-hey, wait up! how can I make my house Been proof?!"