Busy Shu Kurenai x Attention Seeking Reader

Requested by Isimpfornatsume. It's probably not exactly what you requested for, but I hope that you like it.

"But Shuuuuu, why are you always so busy?"

"Because I have to work, (Y/N)."

"You're always working," said (Y/N) with a pout.

"Sorry. Maybe next time."

Shu and (Y/N) have been married for two years now. They both adored each other and enjoyed spending time together.

However, Shu was often busy at work, so (Y/N) had to beg him to spend time with her. Shu found it rather cute, but he told (Y/N) that he had to work.

Although (Y/N) would get cross with Shu for working late hours and not spending enough time with her, she hardly got cross with him. It was almost a game for her to come up with creative ways to get Shu's attention.

One day, (Y/N) came up to Shu during his lunch break and gave him some sandwiches. "Hi there Snowflake," she said.

Shu raised an eyebrow. "Snowflake?" he asked. "Really?"

"I think that it's a fitting nickname for you," said (Y/N).

Shu looked confused, but then it clicked. "Oh. Because I have white hair."

(Y/N) giggled before giving Shu a kiss. "Come on, when's the last time you had a day off? You look exhausted."

Shu shrugged. "To be honest, I'm not sure."

"We haven't had a night out since our honeymoon," said (Y/N). "Pretty pretty please go to dinner with me?" she made the biggest puppy dog eyes ever.

"(Y/N), I love you, but I have to work," said Shu. "I still have a ton of paperwork to do."

(Y/N) sighed. "This isn't just about us not spending enough time together. Your health will suffer if you keep overworking."

Shu kissed (Y/N) on her forehead. "Sorry Princess, but I have a meeting to go to. We can discuss this during breakfast tomorrow, okay?"

"Very well then," said (Y/N). "Love you Snowflake."

"Love you too."

However, when (Y/N) woke up early the next morning and discovered that Shu wasn't in bed with her, she became worried. Shu never got up before her because he would always come home in the wee hours of the morning and would need to sleep in a little.

Surely that workaholic didn't spend all night in his office, thought (Y/N). Although she had kept a light-hearted front yesterday, she had noticed that Shu had dark circles under his eyes. She tried to call Shu, but received no answer.

(Y/N) then called Shu's secretary, but she said that Shu was still working when she had gone home.

(Y/N) started to panic. She got into her car and set off to the Raging Bulls.

But the building was empty. Shu clearly wasn't there. Where was he?

Okay, don't panic, (Y/N), she thought to herself. You need to be calm and try to figure out where Shu would go.

"Okay, so Shu was still here when the secretary went home, and she always leave at nine at night. So Shu must have left between then and now. But where would he go?"

(Y/N) went to Shu's office. She had a key there because she was Shu's wife.

Shu's things weren't there, so he must have packed up and went. But where would he go?

(Y/N) went out of the Raging Bulls, meaning to search the town, but then she saw that Shu's car was still parked. Had Shu gone for a walk?

But when (Y/N) peeked inside, she discovered her husband sleeping in the driver's seat. She gasped and tapped the window.

"Shu? Shu, wake up!"

Shu woke up and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "(Y/N)? Why are you here in the middle of the night?" he asked, clearly half asleep.

"Shu, in case you haven't noticed that the sun is shining, it's eight thirty in the morning. And you look like you haven't slept in weeks. I'm taking you home so that you can rest."

"But..." muttered Shu, who looked like he was going to pass out again. "I have to work..."

"No arguments," said (Y/N). "Don't you know how tired you are? You're going to pass out on your desk. Let's get you home. You need sleep."

(Y/N) drove home, and then half carried her sleepy husband to bed. Shu ended up falling asleep before his head hit the pillow.

(Y/N) knew that her husband could be a workaholic and was always busy, but this was ridiculous. She was determined that Shu would get the rest he needed.