CHAPTER 9

I missed many to hold one. 

I blink

I blink. And blink again before i uttered slowly. "What are you doing here?" 

Jungkook stared at me. His expression casual, dark eyes following every inch of my face as if he was suspecting any heartbreak symptoms. But i guess he found nothing because he opened his mouth, "Giving you company." 

Jungkook was standing on the stairs to the front door of our house. Even though he was one step down, his tall built had surpassed my own height. I wasn't that short but five-three is normal. A normal as the red apples inside the plastic bag. 

Jungkook might have noticed my gaze because he pushed the bag towards me to hold. "Apples are good for health." 

"And why are you being so health freak all of a sudden. Are you a doctor?" I don't know what is happening to me but i was being a jerk. Jungkook didn't mind though but instead he walk past me and inside the house while bumping against my shoulder forcing me to take a step back. 

"At least have the curtsy to ask before entering someone's house." 

"When did that rule existed for me. " true. Jungkook is like a family, he came whenever he wanted, almost everyday when we were kids. But after he shift to his new house those visits reduced until Ben, but now that Ben is admitted he had no reason to come here. I would say i was surprised at his sudden visit.

"You ate nothing?" His sudden question made me turn towards his tall figure digging inside the fridge. "There is nothing." he peeked out to look at me before returning his gaze back to the empty refrigerator. 

After Ben getting admitted, mother and father had it easy to travel for their business trips. It was troublesome i could say because they had those uneasy and frustrated look each time they fought  with each other to stay at home and look after their ill child rather get to their own priorities. That's when i started to stay at home more frequently after classes. Looking after my little brother who missed our parents but maybe he too understood and never asked about the absence of mother and father absence. 

"I was about to go, shopping." I said. It wasn't true but Jungkook doesn't need to know. I was planning to eat ramen, maybe five more are left in the kitchen counter. 

"Great. We should go." Jungkook approved with a nod when i reached in front of him. He was still standing with an open fridge and i would have lectured him to not left the door of the freezer open. I feel like the food would get wasted and be no more edible if the door is left open for more than five minutes. But then it was my thoughts. 

I glare at him, my chin inched up to his dark orbs which looked at me with amusement as if he knew about his wrong doing. Instead i blink at the empty counters and decide to place the apples in the fruit section.