Chapter 20: Confronting the Noise

The engines roared and the tension crackled through the air as the final lap of the race concluded. The crowd erupted in cheers as Lando Norris crossed the finish line, securing another strong position for McLaren. He felt the adrenaline pumping through his veins, a wide grin spreading across his face as he made his way back to the pits. The satisfaction of a job well done filled him, but his thoughts kept drifting back to Cassy.

He hadn't heard from her since she left a cryptic message earlier in the day. Despite the distractions of the race, a nagging worry gnawed at the back of his mind. But now was not the time to dwell on it—he had interviews and media obligations to fulfill.

Cassy, meanwhile, sat in the paddock area with Alexandra, Kika, and Lily. Her phone was switched off, lying forgotten in her bag. She tried to focus on the race, but the events of the day weighed heavily on her. The cruel encounter with the girls in the restroom and the subsequent viral video had shaken her more than she cared to admit. She hadn't seen the supportive comments from fans who were rallying behind her, choosing instead to distance herself from the online chaos.

Alexandra, noticing Cassy's downcast expression, placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Hey, don't let those girls get to you. You've got so many people on your side."

Cassy offered a weak smile. "I know, but it's hard not to let it affect me."

Kika nodded in agreement. "Trust us, Cassy. We saw the comments. Most people are defending you and condemning those girls for what they did. You're not alone in this."

Lily chimed in, "And you have us. We'll get through this together."

Cassy felt a bit of relief at their words, but the knot in her stomach remained. She glanced up as the race concluded, watching Lando climb out of his car and wave to the cheering crowd. She knew he would soon be heading to the interviews, and she hoped he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout from her incident.

As Lando made his way to the media center, his marketing manager, Tom, approached him with a concerned expression. "Lando, we need to talk," he said, pulling him aside.

"What's going on?" Lando asked, his smile fading as he saw the seriousness in Tom's eyes.

Tom pulled out his phone and showed Lando the video. Lando's face darkened as he watched the footage of Cassy being bullied in the restroom. His hands clenched into fists, anger boiling inside him.

"What the hell?" he muttered, his jaw tightening. "Who did this?"

"Some fans," Tom replied. "It's gone viral, and there's a lot of support for Cassy, but the media might bring it up in the interviews. You need to be prepared."

Lando nodded, his mind racing. He couldn't believe someone would do that to Cassy, and he was furious that she had to go through it. But he also knew he had to handle this situation carefully.

As he walked into the interview area, Lando took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm inside him. The journalists greeted him with smiles, but he could see the curiosity and anticipation in their eyes. They wanted to know about the race, but they also wanted to know about the video.

The first few questions were standard—how did he feel about the race, what were his thoughts on the car's performance, and so on. But then, one of the journalists, a woman with a notepad and a determined look, brought up the topic he was dreading.

"Lando, there's been a video circulating on social media involving your girlfriend, Cassy. It's caused quite a stir. Do you have any comment on the incident?"

Lando's eyes flashed with anger, but he kept his voice steady. "Yes, I'm aware of the video. What happened to Cassy was completely unacceptable and disgraceful. No one deserves to be treated that way, especially not someone who's done nothing but support me and this team."

The journalist pressed on. "Do you know who the girls in the video were?"

Lando shook his head. "I don't know who they are, but I hope they're held accountable for their actions. Bullying and harassment have no place in our community."

Another journalist raised a hand. "How is Cassy doing now? Have you been able to speak with her?"

Lando's expression softened slightly. "I haven't had a chance to speak with her yet. She's understandably upset, and I respect her need for some space right now. But I want to make it clear that I stand by her, and I will support her in any way I can."

The room fell silent for a moment, the journalists scribbling down his words. Lando's heart ached for Cassy, knowing she was dealing with this alone. He made a mental note to find her as soon as the interviews were over.

One final question came from a journalist at the back of the room. "Lando, how do you plan to address this situation moving forward?"

Lando took a deep breath. "We need to use this as an opportunity to speak out against bullying and harassment. It's important to create a safe and respectful environment for everyone, whether they're a fan, a team member, or someone's partner. I hope this incident serves as a reminder of that."

The interview concluded, and Lando left the media center, his mind still reeling from the events of the day. He knew he needed to find Cassy, to let her know he was there for her. As he walked through the paddock, he sent her a quick message, hoping she would respond soon.

---

Cassy, meanwhile, was sitting with Alexandra, Kika, and Lily, trying to distract herself from the turmoil inside her. Her phone buzzed with notifications, but she couldn't bring herself to look at them. She knew there were messages from Lando, but she didn't have the strength to face him yet.

Alexandra, sensing her unease, suggested they take a walk. "Let's get some fresh air," she said gently. "It might help clear your mind."

Cassy nodded, grateful for the suggestion. As they walked, she finally mustered the courage to turn her phone back on. Messages and notifications flooded in, but she focused on the most recent ones. To her surprise, she saw an outpouring of support from fans, friends, and even strangers.

One message stood out: a video compilation of fans defending her, condemning the actions of the girls in the restroom, and expressing their support for her relationship with Lando. Cassy felt a lump in her throat, her heart swelling with gratitude and relief.

"Look at this," she said, showing the video to Alexandra, Kika, and Lily. "People are actually supporting me."

The girls watched the video, their expressions lighting up with smiles. "See?" Kika said. "You have so much support. Don't let a few bad apples spoil everything."

Cassy nodded, feeling a renewed sense of strength. She knew she had a long road ahead, but with the support of her friends and Lando, she could face whatever came her way.

As they returned to the paddock, Cassy's phone buzzed with a message from Lando. She read it, a soft smile playing on her lips.

I'm so sorry for what happened today. I'll be there for you, no matter what. Please let me know where you are.

Cassy took a deep breath and replied, her heart steady and strong.

I'm with the girls. We'll meet you soon. Thank you for standing by me.

She knew there would be more challenges ahead, but for now, she was ready to face them with the people who mattered most by her side.