Chapter 25: A Surprise for Lando

Lando woke up to an empty hotel room, the sunlight streaming through the curtains casting a warm glow across the bed. He stretched and looked around, noticing that Cassy was nowhere to be seen. She had left a note on the bedside table: "Enjoy your day, Lando. See you tonight. Love, Cassy."

He smiled, feeling a sense of curiosity and slight confusion. Today was supposed to be a relaxing day after the intense race weekend, but it seemed like everyone had other plans. Cassy's absence was puzzling, but he trusted that she had a good reason.

After a leisurely breakfast, he checked his phone and found a message from Oscar. Hey Lando, McLaren wants to shoot some videos for YouTube today. You up for it?

Lando agreed, thinking it would be a fun way to spend the day. He met Oscar and the crew at the McLaren paddock, where they filmed a series of light-hearted videos: challenges, Q&A sessions, and some behind-the-scenes footage of their team. Despite enjoying the shoot, Lando couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Everyone seemed unusually busy, and no one had mentioned celebrating his recent win.

As the day turned into evening, Oscar continued to keep Lando occupied, suggesting they grab dinner together. Lando agreed, though he couldn't help but wonder why no one else seemed to have time for him. After dinner, they headed back to the hotel, and Lando's confusion only grew when he couldn't find Cassy.

He dialed her number, feeling a slight pang of worry. Cassy answered on the second ring. "Hey, Lando. How's your day been?"

"It's been good, but I can't find you anywhere. Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at the rooftop bar with some friends. Why don't you come and pick me up?" Cassy suggested, her voice cheerful.

Lando's curiosity was piqued. He made his way to the rooftop bar, wondering what was going on. As he stepped out of the elevator, he was greeted by a chorus of cheers and applause. The rooftop was decorated with fairy lights and banners, and a large group of friends and colleagues stood waiting for him.

"Surprise!" they all shouted in unison.

Lando's eyes widened in shock and delight. Cassy emerged from the crowd, beaming at him. "We wanted to celebrate your win properly," she said, wrapping her arms around him.

He hugged her tightly, feeling overwhelmed by the love and support. "I can't believe you guys did all this for me. Thank you."

Charles approached with a grin. "You deserve it, mate. We couldn't let such a big win go uncelebrated."

Max clapped him on the back. "Congrats, Lando. Now, let's party!"

The rooftop bar was transformed into a vibrant party scene. Music played, drinks flowed, and laughter filled the air. Lando mingled with everyone, his heart full of gratitude. He was surrounded by friends, drivers, and team members who had come together to celebrate his achievement.

At one point, Lando found himself talking to Daniel, who handed him a drink. "You really earned this one, Lando. It's been amazing watching you grow as a driver."

Lando smiled, taking a sip. "Thanks, Daniel. It means a lot coming from you."

As the night went on, Cassy and the girls—Alexandra, Kika, and Lily—decided to sneak out for some quieter time together. Cassy felt a little overwhelmed by the crowd and wanted to unwind with her close friends.

"Let's go find a cozy spot," Cassy suggested, and the girls agreed. They slipped away from the main party, finding a quieter corner of the rooftop with comfortable seating and a stunning view of the city.

"I'm so glad we could pull this off for Lando," Cassy said, sinking into a cushioned chair.

"You did great, Cassy," Alexandra said, giving her a reassuring smile. "He looked so happy."

Kika nodded. "He's got a lot of people who care about him. And you're at the top of that list."

The girls chatted and laughed, enjoying the calm atmosphere. They shared stories and jokes, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. Cassy felt a deep sense of gratitude for her friends, knowing they would always have her back.

Meanwhile, back at the main party, Lando was still the center of attention. He danced, laughed, and celebrated with everyone, but his thoughts kept drifting back to Cassy. He was proud of her for gaining confidence and grateful for her unwavering support.

After a while, Lando excused himself from the crowd, wanting to find Cassy. He made his way to the quieter corner of the rooftop, where he found her sitting with Alexandra, Kika, and Lily.

"There you are," he said, smiling as he approached them.

Cassy looked up, her face lighting up with a smile. "Hey, Lando. How's the party?"

"Great, but I was missing you," he replied, sitting beside her. He took her hand in his, giving it a gentle squeeze.

The girls gave them some space, moving a bit further away to give the couple some privacy. Lando looked into Cassy's eyes, his expression softening. "Thank you for tonight. This was the best surprise ever."

Cassy blushed, her heart swelling with love. "I'm glad you liked it. You deserve to be celebrated."

He leaned in and kissed her gently, the world around them fading away. For a moment, it was just the two of them, wrapped in each other's embrace.

When they finally pulled away, Lando rested his forehead against hers. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Cassy."

"You'll never have to find out," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

They spent the rest of the evening together, talking and laughing with their friends. As the party wound down, they returned to their hotel room, feeling closer than ever.