New Beginnings

Several years had passed. Sophie was now in high school, and her mother continued to work abroad. Wanting to finish school in London, Sophie temporarily moved in with the Hastings family. Life in the big house was both new and familiar to her. Elegant interiors, large windows through which the soft morning light streamed, and a quiet coziness filled her every day.

After Colin and Benedict began to rebuild their relationships with the family, Katani decided to do the same. Daphne, realizing that she and Friedrich were not a good match, didn't mind. Over time, she understood her mistakes and now tried to support the family, becoming more open and understanding.

Edwina, Katani's sister, got to know her son Andrew and tried to build a relationship with him. They often spent time together at her house. This is how he met Sophie, who often spent time with her "uncles and aunts."

One day, Andrew invited Agatha and Sophie to visit his home. As they approached the house, Sophie suddenly stopped, her face pale, and she began to feel nervous.

"What's wrong?" Andrew asked, noticing her anxiety. "Are you nervous? Don't worry, my family can be a bit dramatic, but they don't bite."

Sophie sighed and decided to confess:

"I've been to your house before. I know your uncle. He led the drama club at my school."

Andrew was surprised but didn't have time to respond before the door opened, revealing the Bridgertons. When they saw Sophie, their faces lit up with joy.

"Sophie, it's so great to see you!" Hyacinth exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

They invited her inside, and her eyes shone with happiness as her heart filled with warmth.

"Where have you been all this time?" Colin asked, smiling.

Sophie responded shyly:

"I was living with my grandmother and mom. Now I'm back in London."

Andrew, looking at everyone, said with a smile:

"Now it makes sense why you act like a Bridgerton. You spent a year with my uncle and became more of a Bridgerton than I, who was born one."

Sophie smiled and replied:

"Now I'm back and living with my many relatives."

Andrew, surprised, said:

"It's strange that we didn't cross paths."

Katani, hearing their conversation, approached and added:

"That was the year you were studying abroad."

Benedict, overhearing the conversation, came closer, his face full of curiosity and slight confusion.

"But you said you only live with your mom. We remember seeing your father."

Sophie sighed and, gathering her thoughts, said:

"I was raised by a group of students, my mom's friends, who became my family."

Sophie, Andrew, and Agatha went upstairs to talk in a more private setting. Meanwhile, the family remained downstairs, discussing the latest news.

Benedict was sitting on the couch, texting someone on his phone, a smile lighting up his face. Francesca, noticing this, couldn't help but tease him:

"Who is it, Benedict? Share your joy with us."

"In this family, being happy is already a crime," Benedict joked, still smiling.

"Leave him alone," Violet intervened. "I'm just glad he's with us and happy. After all, he just returned from a trip to America."

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Violet went to open it and saw Portia on the doorstep. She was shocked and didn't expect to see her but greeted her and invited her in.